overall
Brewed by Belize Brewing Company
Style: Pale Lager
Belize City, Belize

RATINGS: 144   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.33   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Belikin Beer is brewed in the classic continental European lager style. Belikin uses Canadian Pilsner malt in combination with a blend of German hops to create the perfect malt-hop balance for our flagship. Since December 13, 1971 the original recipe has called for a lengthy fermentation and lagering to allow the yeast to create its full conditioning. This full-bodied beer with a medium golden colour is delightful any time of the day.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
suncrab (1) - USA - AUG 3, 2007 does not count
I liked it. Would like to know where I can buy it in the USA. I live in Illinois.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
swwild (8) - Northfield, Minnesota, USA - MAR 9, 2008 does not count
This beer is great Just got back from the Brewery in Belize. A must do if you are in there on vacation

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LyndaB (4) - Georgia, USA - JUL 7, 2005 does not count
I tried Belikin when I first arrived in Belize. In Dangringa I still had not heard of the stout. I found Belikin to be rather refreshing and tasty. Just not something I would search out, but good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpringsLicker (3115) - Tennessee, USA - DEC 29, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 15, 2004 Folks who find themselves in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye will find this to be a very refreshing and flavorful brew for the tropics. (O.K. , you can be on the mainland, but this is a beach beer. Much more than a Corona, yet not quite one of the Mexican German style beers. The bottles are a little over 9 ounces so it stays cold and make great refillables for your bigger homebrews - something between a nip and a 12 oz. If you must have an American style beer while on your stay in Belize, seek out the Belikin "Premium" in the 12 oz bottles. Otherwise go down to the distributor just south of greater downtown San Pedro and pick up a case in your golfcart to take back to the hotel. You'll be drinkin' as the locals do!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nekronos (3633) - Xalapa, MEXICO - DEC 25, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2006 I didnít find anything special in it, it was better the PRemium one, although for a while, I thought they were the same, but different bottles. I wanted to buy the lager one, but the owner of the store was Chinesse and a Belizean was trying to sell me drugs. Itís ok.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jdpnow (1) - USA - JUN 4, 2007 does not count
Just got back from Belize. The more you drink this beer the better you like it. Not great but good. I would buy it here if I could get it. Much better than Red Stripe, which I think tastes like dishwater.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheKeg (23) - Louisiana, USA - JAN 9, 2009
I had this from the bottle in Costa Maya. I didnít have a glass to pour it into so I had to rate the aroma and appearance middle of the road as I could not see or smell much of it. That being said, Iím not sure why this beer is so lowly rated I rather enjoyed it. I wish we could get this in the states.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
peterthepiper (2) - CANADA - MAR 8, 2005 does not count
Belikin is the beer of Belize, and is enjoyable when out on a cay, after a day of paddling. It is surprisingly good beer for the size of the country. When I had it poured, the head lasted longer than most standard beers found in Canada. It is fairly flavorful for a lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MarkSachon (551) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 2, 2012
From many bottles and probably a few taps while on vacation in Belize to get married. Tasting notes are at best foggy, but I do recall liking this beer very much, probably due to the influence of the sun and sand and the local citizens.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Slacks (615) - Bolton, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 27, 2008
Draught @ The Smoky Mermaid, Belize City, Belize: I hope Iím getting this right as they would only tell me it was "Belikin Draught" and it tasted different from the other bottled offerings. Poured very light in colour, yellow with little head. I was shocked by the amount of lacing, though, actually a fairly good product. The aroma was hoppy, the flavour was hoppy. As I remarked at the time "far better than I thought a Belizian beer deserved to be". Good stuff.