overall
Brewed by Belize Brewing Company
Style: Stout
Belize City, Belize

RATINGS: 66   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Belikin Stout is a rich black stout with a creamy, velvety head. This Stout has a bold, almost smoky mouth-feel, well balanced with a modest but pleasant bitterness. This voluptuous beer is made from Canadian malt, Belizean cane sugar, Carmel Coloring and German Hops

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kidmartinek (3303) - austin, Texas, USA - NOV 20, 2011
Dark and a good tan head. Bitter roasted malt with some maply sweetness but mostly dominated by the bitterness. It starts off with a shape carbonated punch. The taste is satisfying malty bitter. Good stuff. Its kicking ass at this little bar somewhere in Belize.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ectuohy27 (520) - ESTONIA - OCT 19, 2011
Dry toffee-caramel flavor, not too syrupy or cloying....a bit skunked perhaps but quite a nice addition to the usual PL fare available down in the tropics! Taste improves in direct proportion to amount consumed

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
SHIG (3447) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - OCT 2, 2011
Bottle: Poured a translucent black with light base and tan head. Aroma is light with roasted malt. Taste was light in flavor with leafy roasted malt grit some dry coffee attributes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
decaturstevo (4664) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - SEP 16, 2011
Brown/black pour with tan head and lace. Aroma of sweet roasted malt with a hinto coffee. Grainy roasted malt, some coffee, with a toffee sweetness which is almost cloying. Thin bodied with good carbonation. Beer got better after I bought 2 for $5 and carried them around. As they warmed they grew better (maybe I grew drunker), but I did enjoy them.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnnnniee (2033) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 28, 2011
I searched all over when I was in Belize for this brew and could not find it. My wife however surprised me with a six pack of this upon my arrival on board the Carnival Valor. Pours a dark brown with the faintest of garnet highlights when held to light. A stingy almost tan head recedes entirely to quickly. I get very little out of the nose. Corn masa is very prominent with hints of dark fruit if I stare at the glass and imagine a bit. Taste hits me with toffee and caramel up front then leads into hints of dark fruit and maybe some chocolate if I close my eyes and think of willy wonka a bit. Slightly bitter aftertaste. This is a really light "stout" maybe itís appropriate for the scorching heat they normally see in Belize. I found it rather pedestrian while sampling from NH in the 65 degree heat. Medium body and carbonation level, thin watery mouthfeel. I hate to hate on this, but as a stout this is not all that great. Compared to the light lagers available in Belize I would naturally chose this one as I am a stout head I love the dark malts. Compared to other stouts this one would rank pretty low in my book.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
changeup45 (1707) - Mount Dora, Florida, USA - MAY 7, 2011
Sampled in Belize. Dark pour but definitely not black; think Iíll just call it dark brown. A thin head sits on top. Doesnít really taste like a Stout to me. The best way I can describe it is like a Yuengling with some mild stout-like qualities of coffee, creamy milk chocolate, and roasty grains. Itís limited, thin in the body, but very drinkable and actually, I enjoyed it. Exceeded expectations.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerBoxer (232) - Sacramento, USA - JAN 11, 2011
Bottle shared by bhensonb & Marcus. Beer has a musty sweet smell. Like an old town bakery! Taste of heavy molosses and a large number of spices.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bhensonb (10343) - Woodland, California, USA - JAN 4, 2011
Bottle courtesy of Phyllis. Pours dark ruby black(ruby on thin spots. Aroma suggests wet dog? Musty. Fully bodied. Flavor is dark, biting, bitter sweet malt with treacle and lots of dark fruit. Lots of flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
marcus (6011) - Sacramento, California, USA - JAN 3, 2011
Bottle shared by bhensonb. Pours ruby with a decent tan head and a treacle aroma. There is a hearty sweet smoked malt flavor with a dry finish. Lots of treacle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SanfordBrewer (1382) - Sanford, Florida, USA - OCT 24, 2010
Black with mahogany highlights, thin tan head, full body, medium carbonation.

Aroma: sweet malt, note of licorice. (reminds of certain german doppelbocks).

Taste: roasted malt, hints of coffee and licorice.

Surprisingly better than expected. Could use more hops and complexity, but itís clean and pleasant, with no off-flavors.