overall
Brewed by Belle-Vue (InBev)
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, Belgium

RATINGS: 683   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Also known as La Becasse Kriek or Kriekenlambiek Classique.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jaymobrown (1649) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Bubbly and sweet with a sherbert taste. Farily disappointing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Not all that great. Where is all the fruit!? Not the best kriek out there. This could certainly be a heckuva lot fruitier!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - OCT 21, 2002
2001 VERSION: High carbonation. Not as fruit-filled (tasted against 5 other krieks). Somewhat bland, even in the nose. bottom of the 5 tasted. There are better krieks (see my other ratings).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
booyaatribe (453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 17, 2002
Nicely done. More sour than Lindemans or New Glarus lambics, but it’s no Flemish Red Ale. Too bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 17, 2002
deep ruby red with lacy pink head. powdery candy-ish aroma. slightly tart cherry flavours. not bad

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pilsnerrogge (2463) - Finspång, SWEDEN - OCT 16, 2002
Beautiful ruby colour ("gore-coloured" said my girlfriend, sometimes that woman really scares me!!)Well-balanced cherry-aroma. Not as sour as Cantillion, but not as sweet as Lindeman. I liked this Kriek.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - OCT 3, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2005 Sweet, artificial, thin.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 1, 2002
Appealing deep wine/red colour w/ brownish hue & big pinkish head. Sourish, syrupy cherry aroma. Medium body, somewhat sticky. A decent mix of sweet (dark cherry), tart & sour flavours. Perhaps a little too earthy & oaky.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
presario (4594) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 29, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 21, 2003 My first lambic. Could say I popped my cherry, literally! with a kriek. White bubbles that quickly dispersed. A strong winy cherry aroma that tempted me to sip. Strong cherry flavour. Is it beer or a tempting cooler? Oak and very smoky aftertaste. The smoke lingers a long while. Thicker and more complex than I had expected. Not as sweet either. I really enjoyed the smokiness of each sip. Not an everyday drink, but perhaps more than once a month. I look forward to trying some variety in this style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 27, 2002
Ruby tinged brown. Pink hued creamy white head. Black cherries soaked in oak aroma. Full, sourish and loaded with dark cherry flavor. Less sweet than expected and actually more beer tasting than most fruit Lambics I’ve had, but I’m far from an expert or lover or casual drinker or (you get the point). Finishes watery, less fruity, but still tart and woody. I actually liked this more than my wife did. Too close to beer for her.