overall

RATINGS: 1415   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pdoyleusa (17) - Clinton Twp., Michigan, USA - NOV 30, 2004
SUPER malty! Reminds me of several homebrews in the american ale style. Not enough hops to balance the sweetness. Not a favortite of mine but does have itís merits as an old standby. Quality ingredients make up for a lack of complexity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
gusser (2) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - NOV 2, 2004 does not count
Lucky thing we caught the guy at the liquor store in Oxford, OH last night before he locked up or I wouldnt tried this fine amber ale. Great taste great aroma. A good way to fill the gap for my Fat Tire cravings while Iím at Miami.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2004
Pretty good amber ale. I love the taste and the aroma. My first of Bells and I enjoyed it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BelgianGirl (89) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2004
I enjoyed this beer. It had a sweet aroma with a nice brown color and creamy white head. It was a tasty drink overall with a mild malty flavor. Cheers!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2004
An acceptable drink. Nice reddish brown color with a passing white head. Sweet caramel malt aroma with a touch of bitterness. Much the same with the taste. Disappointing in that I know this brewery can and does much, much better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pobenohne (504) - Northern Liberties, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Two 12 oz bottles at Rickís on the MSU campus. Bonus appearance point for the label (I dig Pelicans). Rich, chewy, brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
hopnpop (69) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Sweet and somewhat grassy on the nose. Poured a cloudy, golden color. Terrific mouthfeel. Tasted sweet initially but hops quickly neutralized things, leaving a pleasant, balanced aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2004
Bottle. Poured a cloudy pale amber. I was shocked at the amount of yeast/sediment, which I did not expect in an amber ale. Nice off white head. Aromas were all citrus, mainly lemon. The taste was overwhelmingly lemony, more like an iced tea than an amber ale. Extremely hoppy. I was somewhat disappointed. This is more like an IPA, which would have been fine if that was what I was in the mood for/expecting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - SEP 23, 2004
Had this out of the bottle while camping in upper Michigan, so I was already happy. Good balance of sweet and spice, only slightly bitter (a plus for me) and easy to drink more and more. Recommend!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
5000 (6300) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Bottle pours pale caramel, very cloudy with bits floating about, virtually no head, good carbonation, with slick lacing.   Sweet malts & butterscotch on the nose.   Semi sweet malts up front, immediately followed by a biting graininess, which also fades rather quick.   Finishes rather boring, more bitter than malty.   Medium body and mouthfeel, but too much like a malty pale ale.   Thankes goes out to atpayne for the trade!