overall

RATINGS: 1366   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
john2364 (3) - USA - MAY 21, 2003 does not count
color is a dark cloudy orange great looking beer. Flavor tasts a little sweet, but is a little too hoppy for me at the end. aroma is a little weak. smooth full texture. good beer but A little too much hop for me, but I tend to like very little hop.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
AlabastorJones (800) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 11, 2003
thin white head, cloudy deep orange appearance. weak malty nose, medium/thin palate, slight alcohol bite, sweet malty caramel flavor, bitter finish. A good beer, but not my favorite from Bell's.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAY 7, 2003
Darker golden color, slightly sweet nose, touch of hops at the finish. Has somewhat of a caramel sweetness to it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2003
Sweet and carmel taste with a moderate bitter edge. Unlike any American amber that I've ever had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hysteria (38) - USA - APR 13, 2003
Had this on draft. Dark straw color, cloudy appearance. Lacks hop bite up front. Full malt flavor but a bit too sweet for my taste. Stronger hops would let me rate this brew higher.

spydog (75) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 2, 2003
Perhaps the best amber ale I have ever had. Smooth with a strong carmel flavor that was perfect after a meal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Silphium (3167) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAR 29, 2003
Haven't had the Bells Amber since the old days in Albion...a nice amber ale, with rich malty flavors nicely balanced by a bit of hops. I have to admit my heart sank when one of the bottles was flat, but the others came through for me. A solid beer, but not my favorite Bells beer by any means.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hotstuff (4092) - Indiana, USA - MAR 24, 2003
I had this beer on tap and really enjoyed it.In fact, this is a beer that I would drink all night at a bar or party.In fact, one just wasn't enough.Went down very smooth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
thedm (4935) - Fort Wayne, USA - MAR 23, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew has a mild aroma if any at all. Its head died out very quickly. It has a nice amber brown color. My initial taste contained a hint of a fore taste that I later tasted on the back of my throat. It contained some carbonation and was a little watery in flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GearHead (32) - Woodridge, Illinois, USA - MAR 5, 2003
Great golden brown color. First taste moves you but the second taste engulfs you. There is a great malty fruit flavor. A great beer you can have all evening and not worry about the reprocusions in the morning. This beer especially goes well with a nice American burger. Cheers