overall

RATINGS: 1398   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUN 24, 2003
Color is cloudy/creamy pale yellowish amber gold, very gem-like, never have I seen an amber like this. Head was small and off-white, faded slowly leaving some tight lacy patches. Smell is faint, very clean, a bit sweet and fruity, very soft and pleasant. Taste is very crisp and clean with a perfectly balanced combo of mild fruity hop and sweet malt. Oh, the finish is what got me going and wanting more, its a deep, earthy, even smokey, little pleasure that just gets slightly dry, and is just so smooth the whole way through its amazing. I just wanted to keep drinking it. Feel is a full-medium bodied delight, very nicely light and clean with that spectacular finishing quality I just had a weakness for. Great stuff!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tallmatt67 (99) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUN 4, 2003
(bottled & bottle conditioned). Faintly sweet malt aroma, cloudy lighter-than-copper color (which is very attractive). Moderate body with a slightly sweet pale malty tinge. Nice clean bitterness fades shortly after the finish. Moderate carbonation adds to the body perception. I'd like to see this in a filtered version.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
john2364 (3) - USA - MAY 21, 2003 does not count
color is a dark cloudy orange great looking beer. Flavor tasts a little sweet, but is a little too hoppy for me at the end. aroma is a little weak. smooth full texture. good beer but A little too much hop for me, but I tend to like very little hop.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
AlabastorJones (810) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 11, 2003
thin white head, cloudy deep orange appearance. weak malty nose, medium/thin palate, slight alcohol bite, sweet malty caramel flavor, bitter finish. A good beer, but not my favorite from Bell's.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAY 7, 2003
Darker golden color, slightly sweet nose, touch of hops at the finish. Has somewhat of a caramel sweetness to it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - APR 15, 2003
Sweet and carmel taste with a moderate bitter edge. Unlike any American amber that I've ever had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hysteria (38) - USA - APR 13, 2003
Had this on draft. Dark straw color, cloudy appearance. Lacks hop bite up front. Full malt flavor but a bit too sweet for my taste. Stronger hops would let me rate this brew higher.

spydog (75) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 2, 2003
Perhaps the best amber ale I have ever had. Smooth with a strong carmel flavor that was perfect after a meal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Silphium (3188) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAR 29, 2003
Haven't had the Bells Amber since the old days in Albion...a nice amber ale, with rich malty flavors nicely balanced by a bit of hops. I have to admit my heart sank when one of the bottles was flat, but the others came through for me. A solid beer, but not my favorite Bells beer by any means.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hotstuff (4388) - Indiana, USA - MAR 24, 2003
I had this beer on tap and really enjoyed it.In fact, this is a beer that I would drink all night at a bar or party.In fact, one just wasn't enough.Went down very smooth.