overall

RATINGS: 1417   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Suttree (5540) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 1, 2002
Smooth without being bland, rich without being heavy, and has a nice crisp finish. I wish this was available in Tennessee becasue Iíd like to try more of their stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
argo0 (12110) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 9, 2002
Cloudy orange with medium off-white head. Citrus hoppy aroma, very fresh. Distinctly hoppy flavor thatís unexpected for an amber. But thereís a lot of sweetness, too much so.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AleConnoisseur (29) - Houghton, Michigan, USA - SEP 22, 2002
This is a great beer. It seems to have a good blend of hops to give it a very good taste, with an aroma that is excellent. I would have to say one of the best beers that i have had i would suggest it to anyone.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 17, 2002
nice touch for an amber, a nice light flavor with a decent hop finish. iíll probably get this again

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 8, 2002
I am not a huge fan of ambers, but the hops in this one made it a bit better than others I have had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
softale (188) - Michigan, USA - SEP 7, 2002
Very nice amber color. Aroma is of caramal, malt, citrus and just a tiny bit of a floral note. Tastes like the description, just a bit sweet and a little hoppy. This is probably my favorite amber.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Panzuriel (1427) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 30, 2002
This beer is very bitter and very hoppy. The hops are almost overpowering. Greatly distracting from my enjoyment from the rest of the brew. I donít quite get it. Maybe I donít have tolerance for hops or something. Every time someone mentions nice restrained hops, I can rest assured that Itís going to make my mouth burn. So, thatís my soapbox rant for today.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
herbjones (742) - Orange, California, USA - AUG 16, 2002
Cloudy orange/amber pour with little head. Aroma reminds me a little of sweet tea with lemon. Nice body with a little hop bite at the end. Thanks to MaxPower for this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - AUG 13, 2002
austinpowers, my man, you write a fine review and you are a beer lover and trader par excellance, but you are hopeless when it comes to birds. That, my friend, is no swan, it is a GBH (great blue heron), a more spectacular bird than a cygnus, in my eyes. About the brew, however, you and I agree exactly. The definitive 3.6 - well made, sturdy, dependable. A fine rich malt action generously balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - AUG 8, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 20, 2003 Pale orange-amber color, nice foamy head leaves a nice lace. Cloudy with floating yeast. Clean mild hop aroma, very balanced medium body feels full on the palate, nice hop bite in the finish, a little sour.