overall

RATINGS: 1381   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
ludhaber (62) - Massachusetts, USA - APR 19, 2013
The beer has good malt taste. Excellent balance. A little light on the malt mouthfeel. Aroma is also very light and somewhat insufficient for a really good beer. This beer is just fine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
popilius (61) - Chicagoland, Illinois, USA - JUN 4, 2002
I enjoy this brew frequently on tap in a Chicago jazz club- itís full-bodied with just a pinch of sweetness, but balanced perfectly. Nice color, and has that unique, consistent Bells flavor. Actually, Iím a Bells Amber ambassador. It may not be for everyone, but itís one of my very favorites. I probably enjoy it more than most; every one Iíve had has been quite enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
LennyH (60) - Delaware, USA - OCT 2, 2006
Bottle. Noticible caramel and fruit flavor. Carbonation is also noticible but not a problem. Enough hops to add a touch to dryness and bitterness. Certainly a drinkable beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beedman (60) - Wonju, SOUTH KOREA - NOV 17, 2006
12oz bottle thanks to Jaye. Pours dark amber red with ample white foam. Aroma is yeasty and malty. Good malt / hops balance, ending with hops. Good amber.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
onedawger (60) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 3, 2012
From notes. Pours a nice honey amber, with a two finger fluffy white head that doesnít stick around long but leaves a nice lacing and keeps a thin whispy film atop the brew. Smells of caramel malt and sweet carmalized sugar, I get a little breadyness In there with pretty discreet hops in the back. Nice sweet malty flavors, I am still getting other burnt caramel. Nice lightly bitter hop finish. Mouthfeel is medium light with medium high carbonation. Easy to drink refreshing beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 1, 2012
Ok my second bells ever. I got it in a little package and was like a kid in a candy store. This beer looked amazing when I poured it into a clear pint. It glowed red Cooper with a thick finger high head that ran away quickly to a white lace The smell was good. Not to strong or over powering. Taste was a little sweet with a follow up of light bitters. I think there is a very mild hint of raw honey in this beer. It left me wondering how itís taste would change as it was paired with spicy foods. My guess is amazing. Feel was alright. It has some carbonization rolling in and sits on the tip of your tonge. Over all I am impressed. This beer explained to me the rave about bells. Honestly I had to question it before this beer. Well done. Serving type: bottle

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
OberonTheifEMT (56) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - NOV 16, 2003
Thick amber color with yeast that floats about like snow in a snow globe. Heavy malt aroma, much different than the musty cheese smell that was present on my first try. The flavor is suprisingly similar to Larry's brown ale. Nice flavorful finish. I would love to try this on tap

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BigNasty (55) - South Lyon, Michigan, USA - OCT 21, 2005
Not my most favorite amber. Beautiful color, not much head, great malty aroma. I found the hops to be a bit more on the bitter side than I like, overwhelming the maltiness that could have been.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Msdrbeat (54) - - AUG 12, 2014
Very nice. Amber coloring to be expected with a nice head. Nice bite on the taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tex (52) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 11, 2003
Great looking pour, smooth taste. This is a great red, especially from a tap.