overall

RATINGS: 1348   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made from mostly pale malt and some Munich and caramel malts. These add a little sweetness, which is balanced by more hops. The result is a rich color and fruity flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 8, 2002
I am not a huge fan of ambers, but the hops in this one made it a bit better than others I have had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - NOV 14, 2002
Auburn, with a creamy off-white head. Nose is peachy and a bit fruity, with noticeable hops. I usually think of ambers as malty, not particularly hopped brews, but this one has a load of hops. Very bitter. Slight fruit of the peach or apricot variety, but mostly just sharply bitter with few malts.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DarkElf (3033) - La Jolla, California, USA - FEB 13, 2006
(12 oz bottle: Obtained 30-Jan-06 in trade with Sully, thanks Mike!) Batch 7206. The fruity and vaguely malty nose isnít especially aromatic, but thatís okay, this beer isnít especially flavorful or interesting either. Generic maltiness I normally attribute to a pale ale at a mediocre brewpub is moderately sweet, fruitiness is up-front, and grassy hops is mildly bitter for acceptable balance, but the flavor is just plain boring. I occasionally taste a bit of herb and spice, the distant flavor of coriander being triggered in my mind. Medium "plus" body is very nice, as is the moderate carbonation, but this beer sits lifelessly on the palate because the beer lacks any snap or zip. Dirty orange color is fully cloudy and the small, foamy, off-white head shows solid retention and patchy lacing. Even though Bellís makes a lot of great beers, this totally failed to capture my attention and is a below-average amber ale to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
KingpinIPA (841) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 12, 2006
Light golden color. Smells sweet. Taste is ok. I can taste tons of sweet malt but I wouldnt drink this all the time.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
bdjames29 (273) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 14, 2006
I was trying my best to really enjoy this beer becasue I have enjoeyed enerything from Bells in the past and I had high hopes. The appearance I thought was wonderful. Beautiful amber color with a thick frothy white/light orange head. Then I smelled and was dismayed - maybe I had a bad night but the aroma was just pukey. I thought the palate was enjoyable - fairly full body. I just didnít enjoy the flavor - not a whole lot there. I will try it again - maybe it was me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
oh6gdx (20217) - Vasa, FINLAND - SEP 17, 2006
Bottled. Hazy orange colour, small white head. Aroma of fruity hops and slight yeasty notes. Flavour is hayish and grassy hops. Same all the way through. Sticky palate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Pipper (325) - Ohio, USA - JUN 14, 2009
Tasting at Bellís Fest in OH. Poured an amber color as it should. My interest faded after that, perhaps this was an infected brew by the time I got to it, but the aroma was skunky with a sweeter flavor to match. Had the same metal aftertaste as their Third Coast Beer. Not too pleased with this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Vir4030 (496) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 23, 2010
I can tell that itís good, but I just donít like porters. It has the same caramel flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
crossovert (6940) - Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2011
why do we need an amber ale form Bellís? This is just mindblowingly run of the mill.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cole (967) - , Alberta, CANADA - FEB 28, 2011
Pours clear amber with no head. Nice aroma is very hopy. Light and flavour full. Nice hops tastes goodb but nothing to write home about.