overall

RATINGS: 2622   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.21   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Starting with six different hop varietals added to the brew kettle & culminating with a massive dry-hop addition of Simcoe hops, Bellís Hopslam Ale possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bellís repetoire. Selected specifically because of their aromatic qualities, these Pacific Northwest varieties contribute a pungent blend of grapefruit, stone fruit, and floral notes. A generous malt bill and a solid dollop of honey provide just enough body to keep the balance in check, resulting in a remarkably drinkable rendition of the Double India Pale Ale style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - FEB 27, 2007
Whoa..Damn this is a hop lovers dream! My Euro friends would laugh at this, then I would exclaim that its for an Americanís taste, and they donít understand. Cloudy orange, head is gone quickly. Sticky on the lips, hop bomb that turns into a nice grapefruit flavor. it is a Hopslam, if youíre looking fo a balanced beer this isnít it, but for a hophead like me, its great. Thanks to Duane for the bottle!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
khwheel (8) - USA - FEB 25, 2007 does not count
Bottle from Party Source on the KY side of Cincy. It lives up to the hype. Great everything, Will buy it again when I see it, hopefully Bellís will make it more available

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
GTown (127) - New York, USA - FEB 25, 2007
Draught at the Eccentric. Pours orange-golden with a foamy white head. Moderate lacing. Aroma is citrus and pine. I love Bellís beer, but Hopslam is too one-dimensional and unbalanced.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MadIndian (2425) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2007
Bottle sampled with Stegosaurus. Thick orange pour with white head and strong lacing. Open the top and BAM hops in your face ! Grassy aroma with notes of fruit and pine. Not over too over powering in the hop VS alcohol taste. It is rather blended well and finishes strong. GOOD PICK STEG !

Crosling (1863) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Sampled a few different batches thusfar. Lovely hints of grapefruit and lemon on the palate. My only complaint is its a bit medicinal and herbal and I just donít like Double IPAs with that character. But, it has a lovely malt character. Wish it was a tad bit brighter, but its a lovely DIPA. Itís no dreadnaught, but itís a dawn good brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Bottle sampled with Mad Indian. Pours amber with a creamy off-white head. Aroma of floral hops, citrus, and caramel. The flavor is a full bodied caramel treat, with some non-over the top hoppy bitterness. Great body, excellent brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jvittorio4187 (255) - Boardman, Ohio, USA - FEB 24, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 19, 2007 attention all hopheads!!!! Definately hop massiove. Must have. Too bad limited.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2007
I have smelled fresh hop flowers/buds on microbrew tours. When I opened this beer it was like I was holding fresh hops in my hands - very cool. I didnít realize the ABV was a whopping 9.5% (not printed on the label).......I guess I should have stopped at 2 beers last night but it tasted so good I had 3. All the Bells beers are great and this one lives up to that fine reputation. I just hope I can stop at 2 beers tonight...........maybe!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
blizzardlover (44) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 22, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2007 A Ruby, and lovely cloudy appearance. At 9.5% alc it has a bit of an alcoholic taste which creeps up on you while you are still sober. Incredible hop bouquet - like taking a drag off a mid-summerís flower. Nice sudsy head. Easy to drink. Smooth and inviting. Overall, one of the better beers I have ever had. This is an unusual beer. I just poured another. A vigorous poor, and the head does not lose control. This addictive beer minds its master. After 2 of these, I think I am drunk. Hmm...too bad danger is not a category. Wifeís input: nummy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - FEB 22, 2007
Poured a golden amber with a small creamy head. Nose is pungent grapefruit hops, citrus, pine. It even smells sticky. First taste is all hops, this is a crisp refreshing citrus brew, lots of spruce and pine and grapefruit. Very dry finish. Exactly like the name says, hop SLAM!