overall

RATINGS: 2844   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.2/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Starting with six different hop varietals added to the brew kettle & culminating with a massive dry-hop addition of Simcoe hops, Bellís Hopslam Ale possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bellís repetoire. Selected specifically because of their aromatic qualities, these Pacific Northwest varieties contribute a pungent blend of grapefruit, stone fruit, and floral notes. A generous malt bill and a solid dollop of honey provide just enough body to keep the balance in check, resulting in a remarkably drinkable rendition of the Double India Pale Ale style.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ctplt777 (473) - - FEB 27, 2016
I found a six pack of this last week and sucked it up and spent 22 bucks for it. Now, I have never had Hopslam at all before this. I have never cared enough to try it or seek it out. It kind of fell into my lap at the store so I decided itís time. I have nothing to compare this to which actually made me happy because I didnít have any pre-conceived opinions about it. It smells like an absolute dank peach. Thatís all I can describe it as. A super ripe sweet dank peach. It tastes wonderful. The honey adds something that you donít get unless you....brew an ipa with honey. Itís very sweet but there is so much hops packed into it, it doesnít become cloying or weird. Big peach and tropical flavor. I really enjoyed it. Would I run back out and buy another 6 pack for 22 bucks? Ehhh no. But was it worth trying? Absolutely and itís very good. I would like to try it on draft if I ever find it again. Definitely recommended if youíre on the fence. Cheers

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
biirusaikou (2305) - - FEB 26, 2016
Bottle shared, thanks Gregg. All I love about IPA, rich juicy orange and heady weed all the way, great stuff, very addicting, would probably drink it every day if I could get my hands on this beast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Akfan (26) - USA - FEB 26, 2016
Wow this is one heck of a beer. A very dank DIPA which is beautiful. Great aroma, nice bitter feel. A fav! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
closey22 (1501) - Mt. Laurel, New Jersey, USA - FEB 26, 2016
Hazy Amber Lacy thin white head; aroma is mild hops; flava is rich hoppy floral spicy mildly bitter; feels medium nice fizzy zing; finishes hoppy spicy bitter

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
CamdenD (1169) - Madrid, SPAIN - FEB 26, 2016
"Old school" and consistently great. Taste of honey allows for bitterness to be balanced without cloying malt additions. A true exemplar.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
PriorL (3056) - Gent, BELGIUM - FEB 25, 2016
CAN thanks to Mathieu87. Drank from the can. NOSE: hoppy, fruity, florar, some grapefruit. TASTE: hoppy, dry, bitter, malty, grapefruit.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
ntg1213 (15) - - FEB 25, 2016
Poured from a can into a glass. Looks great with a slowly dissipating 2 finger head, but not much in the aromas for a DIPA. Tastes of hoppy bitterness alternating but not masked by the honey and malt sweetness. Harsh finish. Maybe just a bad batch, but not even a good DIPA, let alone world class

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
aggtBeer (36) - Rock Cave, West Virginia, USA - FEB 23, 2016
Hopslam poured a solid gold brown with healthy thick persistent white head. I was surprised by the subdued aroma as I was expecting something very robust. I could smell some herbal notes and pine as well as some fainter citrus mingling with vague sweetness. Drinking it brought forth an intense bitterness with some sweetness at the end, which I guess is from the honey, but I couldnít place a flavor to it other than a moderate sweetness. This beer was very herbal and vegetal. It was like bitter liquified vegetable matter with some grapefruit and citrus mixed in. There was a medium heavy mouthfeel and full carbonation. Overall this was one of the greenest tasting beers Iíve had, and I found it fairly unique and enjoyable. I donít think I would go out of my way for Hopslam, but will gladly drink it again if it is readily available.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
philus (45) - Bazel, BELGIUM - FEB 22, 2016
Very nice hidden 10% alcohol. Why I wouldnít call this one of the best beers in the world: itís a bit boring... Lots of honey, further no complexity.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TommyTH (8) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 21, 2016 does not count
Great, well balanced IPA. Notes of fruit, pine, and everything else good perfectly blended. Very, very drinkable for being 10%. Although I enjoyed the balance and drinkability, I prefer an IPA that has more of a specific taste, which lacks here.