overall

RATINGS: 1434   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
The satisfying elements of both stout and coffee come together in this full-bodied treat. A marriage of Sumatra's best with rich chocolate and roasted malt provides for a truly enlightening beer.

entertheiceman (242) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 21, 2005
I hesitate to give anything a full score, but in my short beer rating life this is the beer I enjoyed the most. This stout is like the smoothest, blackest, coffee. Full bodied, this beer did not dissapoint by being too thin or carbonated. I just couldnít ask anything more from this beer, I do enjoy more of an alcohol warming but this is not an Impy and with a higher abv the palate might suffer. In the end this stout was exactly what I had hoped it to be and that is a first.

bigbeersrule (113) - USA - JAN 22, 2010
Can you say heaven is a glass? This beer is now my all time favorite. Rich and roasty like a stout should be but with an incredible coffee taste. Pours a black opaque color with a thick tan head. Good lacing on the glass. Thank you Bellís for coming to Arizona. Buy this beer if you can find it.

ebone1988 (230) - Wyoming, Michigan, USA - OCT 23, 2012
The aroma is fantastic. Nice mix of chocolate, vanilla, and coffee. Appearance is jet black, two-finger light brown head. The taste is very coffee-forward, light flavors of chocolate and vanilla. The mouthfeel is also very good, a well-balanced creaminess and velvety mouthfeel. Overall, this is exactly what I look for when I drink not only a stout, but a beer itself. This is wonderful.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
stoutlvr (52) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 3, 2006
A roasty aroma with notes of chocolate, and coffee. Taste definitely reminds me of an espresso shot. A delicious beer readily available 3 miles from my house. I am buying a bike.

noelcb (271) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - DEC 7, 2006
Poured opaque black with nice sudsy head which faded all too quickly with moderate lace. First aroma impression was hot peppers, then the chocolate, coffee and roasted malt start to sort out. The flavor starts out all strong coffee then fills out with dark toasted malt and bitter chocolate following. Some hops and yeast in the background. Full viscuous body, nice and chewy. An eye-opener.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
drseamus (103) - Troy, New York, USA - DEC 24, 2007
A: This was a bottle from batch 7768 poured into a Chimay goblet. It pours jet black with a thick mocha colored head that fell over the period of several minutes. A couple of drops that fell on the bottle were a good red color. S: Iím pretty sure a stick of chocolate dynamite went off in this beer because it exudes pure chocolate aroma. T: This is one hell of a good beer. The flavor is insanely creamy and filled with TONS of chocolate and coffee. Sometimes I think about changing my favorite style to something else and then I have another double stout and that fleeting thought is immediately erased. It is perhaps a bit lacking in the aftertaste department. The flavor doesnít last long enough as it quickly fades. M: This beer is good and heavy and as I said before, ridiculously smooth. D: Damn. I might have to move to a state where they sell Bellís. Enough said.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Funknmilla (677) - Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 2, 2008
12 oz bottle...Thank You Daknole!....Dark brown sugar head, dark dark brown body--almost mistook as black...Aroma is a fresh bag of whole bean coffee...bitter like Blue Mountain beans...after sitting less than 3 minutes, a sweetness enters the nostrils...so far a true coffee experience....fresh beans--then they are ground--cream is added--so far this is all before I have sipped it--ah the coffee is being created in my mind, now to taste-->Body is silky and smooth, rich and full, sweet, but not too sweet...coffee coffee and coffee...a bitterness in the finish--this beer defines coffee to me...dense and intense...lacing is dotted but sticks--overall balanced and easy to drink , yet it lingers on every taste bud...a wonderful caffeinated alcholated created beverage...palate nice, low carbonation--an alcohol infused coffee, but so much more,,,yum yum and yum I could drink this in the morning b4 the job...:)

patrickfannon (1240) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2010
Bottle. 12 oz. Split with James and Tony. Pours a deep, dark, insidious black with a bold, amber head, which recedes into a slight lace across the surface. Aroma of pure, fresh coffee beans, dark chocolate, bitter hops, dry malts, wheat, roast and hints of marshmallow. Full, but not overwhelming, body. Sturdy, insanely tart and bitter palate. Finishes with a slow, meandering, mellow warming in the throat and through the belly. Outstanding, excellent stout. One of the best beers I have ever tasted.

theaudist (46) - Alabama, USA - JUN 10, 2010
The best stout I have ever had. Aroma is overpoweringly coffee, smells almost exactly like a bag of freshly ground french roast beans. Tastes like a thick, creamy coffee with a substantial mouthfeel. You have to try this one.

NeoHippie2 (991) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - OCT 16, 2011
This is the best coffee stout I have ever tasted in my life. So good. The roasted coffee flavor in this one is very present. Also has flavors of vanilla and roasted barley in the background. This is another Bells beer that I wish was available year round. Itís a bit pricey (around $16 for a 6 pack) but trust me it is so worth it. If you enjoy coffee stouts at all, definitely give this one a try, you wonít regret it.