overall

RATINGS: 2141   WEIGHTED AVG: 4   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This is a full-bodied stout with plenty of roast flavor as well as hints of molasses and chocolate. Ridiculous amounts of black and caramel malts make this stout smooth, creamy, and utterly opaque.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
rogueman (19) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 9, 2004
Smells of sweet cocoa. Pours black, thin head, lasts for a minute or two. Tastes chocolatey. Like a Hersheys dark, for you kids who remember hershey's miniatures. I like it, reminds me of Youngs double chocolate. Fine carbonation, relatively thin taste like Youngs. I like it, definitely worth tasting. I am drunk and it is time for me to go molest my woman. Good night and god bless. A good sweet stout.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 6, 2004
Big, phat bubbles sit on top of this more like an imperial stout. Bitter chocolate and coffe taste followed by an alcoholic tinny taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HoppyBunny (88) - Temptation, Michigan, USA - JAN 6, 2004
I found this to be a nice thick creamy stout. Not a lot on the aroma but the puffiness on the head enticed me to try it and I found a chocolate smooth taste with a little bitter after taste. I will drink this beer again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Goblincat (386) - Westland, Michigan, USA - JAN 3, 2004
Nice and black, with creamy head. Flavor is good, but a bit earthy. Overall a decent stout.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bu11zeye (11978) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - DEC 26, 2003
(Bottle) Pours a black color with a thin tan creamy head. Had a complex taste of carmel and roasted coffee.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 18, 2003
Pours black, almost opaque with a nice tannish head full of large bubbles and nice lacing. Aroma of mocha and chocolate. More mocha flavor, some caramel, and the chocolate comes through again. Roasted malts come out more in the flavor as well. Full bodied, very smooth and creamy palate, and finishes very well. This is a well balanced beer. I have to thank Ed for this one!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 18, 2003
Black pour with ruby edges, nice creamy dark tan head and islandic lacing. Aroma is highly roasted with a coffee/chocolate slap and a hoppy kiss on the cheek. Lightly sweet flavor with a terrific complex aftertaste with caramel, molasses and roasted coffee. Finishes perfectly balanced. This was a great stout, well lived up to the name. Thanks Ed!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MAP (1133) - Lakewood, Ohio, USA - DEC 8, 2003
I feel guilty that I haven't had this yet. But it's better late than never. I can smell the genuine stout aroma from quite a distance. Upon inspection there is definate roast flavors, with he standard sweets: chocolate and caramel. Color is a firm black and a thin darker cream head to it. Flavor has a very nice initial sweetness, then follows through with a good bitter stoutesque finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - DEC 7, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 26, 2003 I'm wondering if this bottle has been around for a while. I bought it in S. Beloit, Il. I'm not sure if they push a lot of good beer where I bought it. It's good, but I was expecting it to be a little better. Nose is chocolatey, but has a metallic note to it. Taste is kind of the same. It starts of with a cocoa taste then turns a little metallic with a dry bitter finish. It tastes like the Bison choc stout, but this is better. Very good, but not my favorite. Rerate: This is growing on me. Still has some metallic flavoring to it, but it's pretty good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TJackHole (83) - Alabama, USA - DEC 6, 2003
very unimpressed with the head a little on the bitter side a nice aroma of roasted malts