overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 2210   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.46/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bell’s Oberon is a wheat ale fermented with Bell’s signature house ale yeast, mixing a spicy hop character with mildly fruity aromas. The addition of wheat malt lends a smooth mouthfeel, making it a classic summer beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 1, 2004
This is a damn good beer. It will provide the courage I need nicely to shave my head. Gawd bless beer and its wonderful side effects!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
balke13 (156) - MIssoula, Montana, USA - JUN 27, 2004
hazy golden orange color with a thin white head, distinctive wheat aroma with a bit of sweet bananas as well as a hint of orange peel (coriander). wonderfully smooth flavors of wheat and orange with a smooth refreshing palate...great summer brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Syd (921) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUN 25, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2007 Bottle pours a hazy yellow with a big white head and good lace. The aroma is almost Belgian, spicy, clove, citrus, and hops. The flavor is citrus, spicy, a touch of clove, and more hops than I expect in style. The palate is rich, made more so by the agitation of a lots of sediment and somewhat carbonated. Overall, this is pretty awesome.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ross (2128) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUN 24, 2004
this is a good wheat beer, lemony smell and flavor. very easy to drink. pours out yellow with a white head as expected. im glad bill (falconseye8) didnt like this brew and sent it my way! this is a good brew, thanks for the trade bill

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Holdwine (1135) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 22, 2004
On draft. Nice crisp wheat with a great little hoopy bite. I wish I sampled more from this brewery, they seem to know what they are doing. Very murky pour (in a good way!) Spicy notes of cloves, orange and too many others to write about.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Strykzone (6022) - Wood River, Illinois, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Had this beer on draught. Visually this is a most unique beer. It is by far the cloudiest beer this beer drinker has ever encountered. Made for a great presentation. Also drank quite well. Great flavor and aroma made for a truly pleasant drinking experience.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - JUN 20, 2004
This is a great refreshing beer I tried with some lemon. I love the wheat beer style and this does not disapoint. A little thinner the the import versions of wheat beer, it is still a great refreshing drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Marc (486) - Yokosuka, JAPAN - JUN 18, 2004
Amazing notes of fresh bread in the nose. Biscuty malts with a hint of lemons and lemongrass tea. Very wheaty in the finnish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2004
Yellow in color with quite a bit of floating things in it. It had a combination of sweet and sour with some hops throw in. This beer grew on me the more I drank.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (5963) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 9, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2011 Aha, another wheat I have yet to try. My mouth waters in anticipation. Then I am presented with a 12 oz brown bottle with a label that could easily have been drawn by any elementary school special needs class participant. Ah well, looks can be deceiving. The beer pours a very cloudy golden color with a large white head. Hmmm - looking up I would say. The strong scent of citrus and wheat is prominent. The scent wafts across the barroom table. Strong orange and wheat flavor fairly erupts upon the tongue. The aftertaste is sweet and citrusy. My wife fights me for the remainder of the glass. We head for home and immediately purchase a case for private consumption. This is easily one of the better wheat beers I have encountered.