overall

RATINGS: 152   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Born in a dream, Quinannan Falls Special Lager Beer refers to a mythical place in the boreal north. While the waterfall may exist solely in Larry Bellís imagination, the beer he remembered drinking there is now quite real. Quinannan Falls possesses the crisp, dry bitterness youíd expect from a German pilsner, but the use of highly aromatic hops from the Pacific Northwest in both the kettle & dry-hop evokes the fragrant pine forests that inspired this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rumproasts (2847) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2013
Tap. Golden with small head. Full flavored lager with nice hoppy bite. Very dry. Refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
PGHbeer77 (571) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2013
Pittsburgh Beerfest 2013. I was so glad to taste this! A delicious india pale, hoppy crisp piney bitter, up front with a grainy lager back bone. Similar to Great Lakes Silver and Gold IPL, only with a more potent flavor and a bubbly feel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrSilverworm (6285) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2013
9oz on tap at Yard House Cincinnati. Clear pale yellow color. Thin white head. Good rows of lace. Bigger body. More crisp, kind of soft lighter carbonation. More dry in the finish. Nice grassy, light citrusy hop, and doughy, bready, peppery malt. Sort of piney. Hoppier than expected, a pretty satisfying aroma. Moderate bitter taste, light sweet, kind of zesty. Good, full-bodied imperial pils. Much better than expected.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 4, 2013
On tap at The Federal, Durham. Not surprised to see this partly listed as a strong pils. Vigorously carbonated, deep gold pour. Noble hops initially in the nose, slowly revealing some nice fall fruit notes (crisp apple), pale malts, and hints of pepper. Modest pungent notes complement the bone dry finish, light fruit the bridge between them. Grassy as hell, almost like a cross between a really ripe saison and a pre-Prohibition lager. Really fine stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
umich03jm (1928) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - JUL 29, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2014 Sampled at the 2013 MBG Summer Festival. Very strong pine and floral aroma. Tastes like a forest, strong pine, spruce, grass and flowers. Barely notice the pilsner malt. Pretty good but Iíve had better imperial pilsners. Re-rate 3/14/14. Full pour at The Oak this time. Pours clear pale yellow with a big pillowy head that fades very slowly and leaves chunky, soapy lacing. Aroma is pine needles, flowers, pilsner malt, spicy hops, and a very light fruitiness. Taste is an awesome mix of stinging pine needles and crisp pilsner malt. Finish has an awesome bitter sting to it with some spicy hops and sharp carbonation. This is way better than I remember from the small festival sample I had. Really love this stuff. Definitely getting another pint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ansermadide (1518) - Kyle, Texas, USA - JUL 19, 2013
Looks light-bodied, like a pilsener, but nothing else about this beer would make you think that it really is. It has a bright white head and an aroma thatís strong of very floral hops... strong, and almost sticky, tree-like, gorgeous. I love it! It seems more like a turbo-hopped blonde than a lager. I simply love this. Its nose is infectious. It has a super-hopped flavor and a light body. Itís awesome. I am very glad that they pulled this off. Itís so freaking good. Wow!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cbuk1013 (243) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2013
Jesus Christ. If only Budweiser, Coors, etc. could taste this good. They never will though.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Krej (87) - USA - APR 16, 2013
I walked into a bar because I knew they had $2 draft beers and I was planning on getting pretty drunk, then I saw their menu and that they had this gem on it. So I got this instead of getting hammered, even if it wasnít cheap. Shitty mainstream beer has completely turned me off of pilsners or lagers but Iíve been meaning to try a high rates one recently to see what a good pilsner or lager tastes like. Bells is by far my favorite brewery so what better one to try than this amazing rare beer. It came to me in a 10oz glass. It had a nice creamy thick head and a beautiful gold color. It kind of looks like pop though as its very effervescent and it also goes down like pop. I guess thatís not too bad if thatís what you like but Iím not used to that in beers so it was a little weird. Not bad though. It smells really sweet, a little bitter and citrusy. It tastes very citrusy and sweet with a tiny amount of bitter. This is my absolute favorite pislner/lager Iíve ever had in my entire life. If I ever see it again I will most likely get it without any hesitation. Bells never letís you down.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
malkyore (173) - - APR 16, 2013
Bells is my favorite brewery. Larry Bell is a god. If you tell me that Larry Bell drank a beer in his dreams and then realized it. I will seek this beer out. I will travel to the ends of the earth and back for a chance to try this beer, and I do this because I know it will be worth it. And it is. Bells is one of those breweries that can do whatever they want however they want and it will always be amazing and this beer is no different. This is hands down the best lager I have ever drank. It Pours a fizzy murky lemonade color, with a thick white head and some lacing. Not much of a nose, a little hops and a lot of citrus and grass. The taste is hoppy too. A citrusy ipa flavor, with a pop-like lager body. If you ever come to a place where you can get a bells one off, do it. I?ll come right out and say it, I HATE lagers and I find this beer amazing. This is how all beers should be, delicious, alcoholic, and highly original. Leave it to Larry Bell.....

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mwbrady12 (469) - Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA - APR 13, 2013
Draft at Mellow - strong hoppy aroma for a lager with a basic straw yellow pour, balanced and smooth taste with a mildly warming mouthfeel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone