overall

RATINGS: 166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Born in a dream, Quinannan Falls Special Lager Beer refers to a mythical place in the boreal north. While the waterfall may exist solely in Larry Bellís imagination, the beer he remembered drinking there is now quite real. Quinannan Falls possesses the crisp, dry bitterness youíd expect from a German pilsner, but the use of highly aromatic hops from the Pacific Northwest in both the kettle & dry-hop evokes the fragrant pine forests that inspired this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cbuk1013 (246) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JUN 18, 2013
Jesus Christ. If only Budweiser, Coors, etc. could taste this good. They never will though.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Krej (168) - USA - APR 16, 2013
I walked into a bar because I knew they had $2 draft beers and I was planning on getting pretty drunk, then I saw their menu and that they had this gem on it. So I got this instead of getting hammered, even if it wasnít cheap. Shitty mainstream beer has completely turned me off of pilsners or lagers but Iíve been meaning to try a high rates one recently to see what a good pilsner or lager tastes like. Bells is by far my favorite brewery so what better one to try than this amazing rare beer. It came to me in a 10oz glass. It had a nice creamy thick head and a beautiful gold color. It kind of looks like pop though as its very effervescent and it also goes down like pop. I guess thatís not too bad if thatís what you like but Iím not used to that in beers so it was a little weird. Not bad though. It smells really sweet, a little bitter and citrusy. It tastes very citrusy and sweet with a tiny amount of bitter. This is my absolute favorite pislner/lager Iíve ever had in my entire life. If I ever see it again I will most likely get it without any hesitation. Bells never letís you down.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
malkyore (285) - - APR 16, 2013
Bells is my favorite brewery. Larry Bell is a god. If you tell me that Larry Bell drank a beer in his dreams and then realized it. I will seek this beer out. I will travel to the ends of the earth and back for a chance to try this beer, and I do this because I know it will be worth it. And it is. Bells is one of those breweries that can do whatever they want however they want and it will always be amazing and this beer is no different. This is hands down the best lager I have ever drank. It Pours a fizzy murky lemonade color, with a thick white head and some lacing. Not much of a nose, a little hops and a lot of citrus and grass. The taste is hoppy too. A citrusy ipa flavor, with a pop-like lager body. If you ever come to a place where you can get a bells one off, do it. I?ll come right out and say it, I HATE lagers and I find this beer amazing. This is how all beers should be, delicious, alcoholic, and highly original. Leave it to Larry Bell.....

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mwbrady12 (469) - Orlando, Florida, USA - APR 13, 2013
Draft at Mellow - strong hoppy aroma for a lager with a basic straw yellow pour, balanced and smooth taste with a mildly warming mouthfeel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
fattybladdy (628) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 24, 2013
On draft @ the Brewpub. Pours a medium golden with white head. Aroma is hoppy, earthy. Taste is like drinking a forest, very piney and crisp. Top notch lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hophaze (187) - South Bend, Indiana, USA - MAR 22, 2013
Tap. Pours golden just like a lager. Aroma of pine and citrus. Taste crisp like a lager but nice addition of hops. Finish is decent ----Hophaze out

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Houle (11) - Michigan, USA - MAR 17, 2013
South with clean flavors and a crisp refreshing feeling. Aroma isnít really present but the taste is full flavored. Easy drinker.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TURDFERGUSON (4024) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 14, 2013
Tap at Samís! What a nice surprise to randomly stop in here on a thursday night and find this rarity on tap! Samís must be the #1 Bellís account in the state because they have been getting lots of one-offs and other Bells kegs that you rarely see outside of the Kalamazoo area. I was a little worried that this might be an old keg, but was willing to take the chance. At samís you have to get a full pour, or nothing so I got almost a full pint of this magical lager. And super magical it is. I donít think I have ever had a better lager, and ofcourse this only had a few characteristics I would associate with lagers, but I am by no means an expert on the subject-actually quite the novice. Pours a glowing yellow with light orange tints, a large, succinct and neat two finger white head with a steady sticky white lace throughout. Nose is fantastic. This is an strong pale lager/imperial pils. Almost smells like a funky orval or a super dry Stillwater premium, super doughy, dry hops are in full effect, hardly any sweetness at all, just super fresh, light lemon and grassy tartness. Flavor is equally amazing. Super dry, lightly fruity, minerals, light leather and barnyard. Again, very light sweetness, incredibly crisp and dry. I had to drink this much quicker than I would have liked because of time constraints, but goddamn, it was amazing. Clerk said they hoped to get another keg or maybe even some bottles as Bells has plans to brew this again. I sure hope so. Best Lager I have ever had, hands down.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bwa5879 (817) - Portage, Michigan, USA - MAR 14, 2013
On tap at eccentric cafe. Golden clear yellow pour with a little white head. Grassy aroma with some noble hop scent.. Bitter salty tingly taste at first, next comes grapefruit hop flavor mixed with hints of banana-like taste (yeast?), and burton salts. Very nice lager taste. Slightly numb tongue upon finish. Above average carbonation with tingly mouthfeel. Definitely one of the better lagers I have had. Good hop presence with some sour European malt flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
camborne (656) - Hopkins, Minnesota, USA - MAR 2, 2013
Nice solid brew. Nice citrus and resin palate. Really easy drink. Lighter than most bells. Still solid