overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 197   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Alextricity (446) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Had on-tap at Bellís Eccentric Cafe. Man, this is a funky beer. Or maybe I should just call it wild. Iím not positive, but I think this is my first of the style. Where do I begin. Iíll begin with a summary... how does that work? Iíll make it work. All around, this beer is just oddly compelling. When I first smelled it I was wondering what the hell it was supposed to be, because of the yeast. Fruity garbage, almost? After a couple smells and a few sips, I actually grew to like this a lot. Thereís a lot of puckering, sour fruit in the flavor department, with a good amount of malt. The spicy aromatics that I pull are just... interesting. Fruity garbage with vegetable juice -- how does it work? I donít know, but it does. This is hardly something that I could have often, but I love a "different" kind of beer time-to-time, and this did it for me. I could definitely see myself bumping the scores up for this beer the next time I have it/can compare it to others of the style. Until then...

Dedollewaitor (13390) - Odense, DENMARK - SEP 8, 2013
My Rating # 12500. Sample @ Danish Summer Gathering, 2013. Pours unclear amber with a small head. Berries, grapefruit, wood, funk and a really nice tartness. Dry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DutchHillbilly (61) - Mattawan, Michigan, USA - SEP 3, 2013
Had a nice head that didnt hold long. Very pretty golden color. Had a strong whiskey smell to it. Tasted very very sour if thats something you like. I didnt care for it. But doesnt mean someone else wont.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
chrisv10 (9829) - DENMARK - AUG 31, 2013
Bottle. Hazy dark amber/brown with tiny head. Aroma is malt, dark fruits, vinegar and sour. Flavour is malt, vinegar, dark fruits, yeast, sour and a little lemon.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Rasmus40 (9832) - Beder, Aarhus, DENMARK - AUG 31, 2013
Bottle @ TSODRBSG13, Ulfborg. Hazy dark amber with an off-white head. Aroma is sweet, malty, caramel, fruity and bretty. Flavor is quite sweet and moderate acidic. Dry and moderate acidic finish. 310813

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Benzai (6387) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - AUG 31, 2013
Sampled @ RB Danish Summer Gathering 2013 day 2, Ulfborg. Bottle. Clear amber to red color, small beige head. Smell sour fruits, grape peel. Taste is sourish, sour apples, dry. You know what? Basically I really like this. The flavor and sourness are very good and balanced, but then all of a sudden it just stops. Itís too dry, it kills the flavor. Nice beer still, but not my favorite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
saxo (13455) - HÝjbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - AUG 31, 2013
Bottle @ Danish Ratebeer Summer Gathering. Nice head with good duration. Color is amber. Aroma and taste are vinegar, brett, fruits, malt, caramel and hops. Nice and sour. A real plaque remover.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
rumproasts (2549) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2013
Tap. Deep mahogany with minimal head. Very tart brown ale. Strong cherry notes. Excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BOSSbrewer (1308) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 24, 2013
Sour ale. Great. Had this at their tap room in Kalamazoo with Raith. Nice tart sourness but still very drinkable. A good entry level sour.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
ekoerper (587) - Iowa, USA - AUG 19, 2013
Aroma: tart cherries, oak, vanilla, some dark malts, Bretty funk and some leaves. Appearance: brown, rather hazy, thin off-white head with average retention. Taste: pronounced acidity, lemon, vanilla and oak, cherries, musty and funky Brett character, a hint of acetic acid in the background, some dry cocoa and dark malts. Nice complexity and good balance, mostly dry but just a touch of sweetness in the finish. Palate: light-medium body, medium carbonation. Overall: interesting and complex brew, very nice.