overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 233   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Per bellsbeer.com/blog , "This One Goes to 11 Ale opens with bright, juicy aromas such as tropical fruits & ripe cherries, largely derived from massive kettle & dry-hop additions of Southern Hemisphere hop varieties such as Galaxy, Motueka, and Summer. The citrus & resinous pine notes of the Pacific Northwest hop family are also well represented, making their presence known through Simcoe, Citra, and the newly released Mosaic varietal, just to name a few. A wide range of specialty malts anchor the hops to this IMPERIAL RED ALE, contrasting the assertive bitterness & juicy aromatics with a robust, toasty depth of flavor. Fermented with Bellís signature house ale yeast, This One Goes to 11 Ale finishes with a lingering warmth."

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
Iíve been waiting to get my hands on this beer for a number of months. I was fortunate enough to find a bottle, but wasnít able to get more. Appearance: A very nice orange-red color. No haze. A pretty nice creamy head thatís about 3 fingers in height, but it goes away after about a minute. Lacing is pretty good on this. Smell: All hops, really. Massive hop aroma. A lot of the citrus and piney aromas. Taste/feel: Mm. Quite interesting. When I first took a sip, I got a massive amount of bitterness. Soon after, you get a good burst of malts. I found that surprising at first, but then I realized I was drinking an Amber. The after taste is probably the best part about 11 Ale. I get a lemon-like aftertaste with the malts and hops. It lingers for a little while, and I like it quite a bit. Iím surprised Iím giving this beer a 4, because I find this to me IMMENSELY bitter. This One Goes to 11 indeed. Very intense -- almost too much so for me. Regardless, a quality beer. The feel is a nice one ... pretty smooth, with a low/medium carbonation. I enjoy it, but I wonít cry knowing this is more than likely my last one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RespertFTW (482) - Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2013
Very refreshing aroma and great citrus taste. Nice bite. Love everything about this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mwbrady12 (469) - Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA - NOV 17, 2012
Enticing aroma and attractive amber pour with a complex taste and lingering, warming aftertaste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
gschrade (462) - Collinsville, USA - DEC 10, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours dark amber with a off white head. Taste pine, fruity, citrus. I thought this was good. I would drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
burgy (454) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - OCT 20, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2012 Great beer. Not worth $18 a sixer. Aromatics start with piney, resinous hops and a mild alcohol smell. Appearance is deep burnt red with small wispy off white head. Taste starts with caramel malt and finishes with piney resin bitterness. Palate is medium in body and quite pleasant. Overall, I nice but too pricey.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
demmbonz (450) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 14, 2012
(Not a hop lover) 12oz to snifter. 2 month old bottle. I cannot discern hop aromas, but it is very much all hops in the aroma. it is a beautiful deep copper color. The flavor is much like a malty red ale, but with a hop kick in the pants. I actually enjoyed this.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
blackflag321 (444) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 17, 2012
Bottle pour into pint. Clean red/gold color; small, quickly fading head. Big nose: fresh cherry and tropical fruit. Taste: tangy cherry, orange. This is quite a sipper. Drinking from a fresh 6-pack; not sure that I will have any to save to see if the flavor mellows with time.

Howlader (422) - - FEB 23, 2014
12oz bottle served in a pint glass. Very interesting and tasty ale. Somewhat fruity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BillHick420 (400) - North Dakota, NORWAY - FEB 15, 2013
Pours dark amber with an off-white, frothy head. Nose of an IPA; citrus. Full bodied, with aroma of citrus, hints of fruit, some alcohol. Decent, but didnít expect it to taste like an IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pellegjr (395) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 1, 2013
Pours clean auburn w/ foamy beige head. Tons of lacing that lasts. Aroma is big blast of resiny dank hops w/ some papaya in there. Rich and buttery malt profile, really interesting and refreshing relative to the typical sticky caramel messes of many DIPAís. Diverse hop profile of equal parts resin, dank, and pine. Nice residual bitterness without being too oppressive. Really enjoyed this one.