overall

RATINGS: 3652   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
alexsdad06 (9008) - Ohio, USA - MAR 14, 2007
True cask conditioned ale from firkin and poured from English pump engine. I have had this in a bottle and other than appearance there is not much comparison. I would rate the bottle a 3.9, maybe 4. I think the 4.3 I have for this is a little conservative. Clear, golden color with small lasting head. Aroma is pretty much as advertised floral hops and citrus. I think the mouthfeel strikes me as much as the flavor. Smooth and creamy going down. Hops? Yes, you could say that. I originally thought maybe oranges, but because of the bitterness, probably more grapefruit. Well balanced. I will be back tomorrow for another.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
psuCE03 (135) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2007
Spicy aroma with a clouded golden orange color and a long lasting head. Strong hop taste that for me is right on par with DFH.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
theisti (3882) - Kansas, USA - MAR 12, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 12, 2008 Bottle. Pour a goldish, almost cloudy settling mix. Nice tight white head on top, after settling, great looking beer. Aroma is hop and flowers. Initial taste is hops, and citrus. I would say it was mostly grapefruit. Medium and finish has a nice crisp / bitter body with some malt and more hop in the finish. This is a wonderfully balanced IPA that drinks perfect. My best IPA to date.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 11, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2011 On tap at Tylerís, Durham. Everything you could want from a pale, and Iím thankful that itís now in NC. Huge floral aroma, nice clean mouthfeel (a bit stickier than I remember, but bursting with floral hops even so), and with a bit of an edge. So satisfying.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mcbackus (758) - Merritt Island, Florida, USA - MAR 11, 2007
bottle: pours a hazy looking orange colour with a small white head. aroma is about as perfect as i have smelled in an IPA it is vcery flora and sweet hop smell makes my mouth water. the flavour is a perfect balance of clean malts and flora hops with just a touch of earthness and bitterness in the finish. i am very impressed great great beer thanks a lot temporrari for this beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
brstp (201) - - MAR 10, 2007
At first glance this seems to be the perfect IPA. Hazy orange gold color, chunky white head that leaves awesome lacing. Very pleasant citrus hop aroma -- not overpowering, not assaultive, just a great floral orange. Taste is similar to Stone IPA but more subtly complex -- slightly spicy, lots of citrus, tangy. Lightish mouthfeel, well-carbonated, totally drinkable. Thanks so much to pantanap for sending this gem along.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Petrucci914 (910) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 10, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2008 Pours an orangish-gold color with nice offwhite head. Aroma is very citrusy, very much an orange aroma compared to the grapefruit you find in most IPA’s. Taste much the same. . This IPA just seems to sticky and floral to me. The stink never comes off of your hands and I think if you give it time, itíll remove the chrome off a trailer hitch.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - MAR 4, 2007
Normally not my kind of brew, but this is a quality drink. Hoppy, but earthy with lots of flavor. Doesnít kill your taste buds right away, but keeps on coming with flavors of citrus, hops, and spices. A great beer....

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
nihar (68) - Ohio, USA - MAR 3, 2007
starts with a nice aroma of hops and fruits... pours clear golden ... Tastes bitter with citrus tones and finishes with a nice lingering after-taste of hops... very good IPA

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - MAR 3, 2007
12oz. Bottle According to Bellís website it was packaged 9/25/06. So it should be nice and fresh. Two Hearted poured a slightly hazy gold. A good looking 1+finger white micro bubble head. Swirling carbonation rising from a few different points in my pint glass. All I smell coming from this beer is hops, which is a very good thing. I smell a forest of pine trees and grapefruit. Makes my mouth water. There is a small malt backbone coming through but itís mostly a hop attack. My kind of IPA. Citrus(grapefruit) hops followed by a mouthful of oily pine needles. A nice bitterness follows that gets me ready for the next drink. Mouthfeel is a little on the lighter side but still good. Its funny but even though itís lighter it still coats my mouth. Nice amount of carbonation. Drinkability is good. I could and have drank quite a few of these in a sitting. Sampled 10/13/06