overall

RATINGS: 3407   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AlGreen99 (33) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 31, 2002
Once again another great from Kalamazoo. Strong hops

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rakluba (33) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JAN 31, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2008 Golden orange with a tinged white head. High carbonation with a great hoppy flavor. What a great IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Weedking4 (33) - Stratford, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 31, 2009
Incredible beverage. Very tasty, and quite delicious. Amazing for the abv% considering..i wish we could get this beer in Canada. So refreshing. Where can I sign up for american citzenship?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
jivy26 (32) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUN 19, 2013
My second ever ipa and by far the one that got me hooked on ipas. Ill always keep these in my fridge.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
inref (32) - SPAIN - APR 1, 2014
De tirador. Color ambar, suficiente espuma, aroma floral y a lupulo.. otra IPA de Michigan que merece la pena

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Amber1 (32) - USA - DEC 17, 2002
copper, golden color with a slight haze. nice, big aroma.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Cdog (32) - Farmington, Michigan, USA - DEC 30, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2005 A great everyday beer. This is the IPA I compare all others against and nothing has knocked it out of first place yet, not even my own homebrew. The hops the malt make my taste buds dance for joy. Thanks Larry

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
iradog (32) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 9, 2007
Light amber color with this head. Beautiful aroma WIth added citrus flover and plenty of hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
artvandelay (32) - Ames, Iowa, USA - MAY 31, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2007 Bottle. Pours a cloudy yet vibrant amber with a frothy ,somewhat lasting, off-white head. Nose is mostly grapefruit with some corriandor, pine, and lemon rind. Taste is dominated by grapefruit, but is balanced with a hefty malt profile. Light to medium bodied. Mouthfeel is very smooth with a long bitter finish. I cant say enough good things about this brew. I could drink this stuff all day and night!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
hvac4sl (31) - Dowling, Michigan, USA - DEC 27, 2002
My first IPA, and frankly, I was expecting more. Dont get me wrong, this was a very drinkable beer. I just expected more hop bitterness. Light copper-colored with a rich, thick head. Hazy in appearance with a few floaties in there. The aroma...oh the aroma. Smells like fresh hops in the christmas tree. Very full mouthfeel with that hop aroma taste, but little bitterness. Finishes smooth, with some of that hoppy taste staying behind.I do very much like this beer, but I expected more bitterness, like their amber ale, only lighter.