overall

RATINGS: 3359   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
teebeer (24) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 23, 2007
Pours a nice cloudy amber, with great laceing. Wonderful floral/citrus flavor with a slight bitterness that add to the complexity of this IPA. Itís not too often you can find such a floral/fruity ale with that wonderful bitterness. A great example of what the Bells brewery is capable of. Would reccomend this ale to any real beer drinker, old or new. Outstanding.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lunchbox582 (24) - St. Clair Shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 3, 2009 12 oz bottle, poured. Close to orange coloring, short white head, with decent lacing on the glass I would like to start by saying this is not what I expected from this beer. I especially disliked what was left on the palate. It was almost too bitter for my tasting, which I donít understand. It was definitely a very floral aroma, and the taste to go with it. Very hoppy with the back taste of malt. Aside from the Amber Ale, this is my least favorite brew from Bells, and it pains me to say that. 4.09.2008 Edit In light of my previous rating, I would like to amend something I stated. This is not as bad as I made it sound. I started drinking it more regularly and actually liked it a lot. If you feel the way I did after my first try, give it another. It has grown on me very nicely.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bpowers (24) - USA - MAR 23, 2008
12 oz bottle. Man this is a good beer. Pours a nice dark gold/amber color with a 1 finger fizzy white head. Aroma is wonderful. Fresh, piney and citrusy aromatic hopsÖwow! Nice malt backbone also present in the aroma. The taste is nice and balanced. First you get the piney and citrusy taste (a lot likely due to the aroma) and then a nice dose of a solid malt backbone. Hops come back in for the finish with a nice bitter (but still fresh) finish. While the malt backbone does a great job balancing all the hops this beer is all about the hops. Great fresh hops (wait did I say they were fresh yet). It really doesnít get any better for any IPA. Medium bodied with a decent dose of carbonation. Mouth feel is a little thicker than expected but it really keeps things interesting. Itís a great and very drinkable IPA. If I could get it easily the fridge would almost always be stocked with a 6 pack or two.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
majorchaz (24) - Augusta, Georgia, USA - JAN 19, 2009
12 oz bottle bought on a whim. Pours with a medium white head, and produces slightly floral aromas, and smooth floral and sweet tastes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerskinner (24) - North Dakota, USA - MAR 14, 2011
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2012 From the tap and it is good. Canít wait to have more. It outdistances many brews. Bells gets it right on this one. Aroma, taste, citrusy, all superb. Update: I bought a six pack because I hadnít had a tha in a while, so it was a no brainer to buy some. There was little lacing and the flavor was lacking the important components. I wasted 12 dollars on bad brew. You canít win them all. A new six pack was purchased and the same great ipa flavors with decent lacing. Two Hearted has good days and bad days, I spose. Had to lower the rating due to inconsistent quality. I will give them a break and the benefit of the doubt. Tough to beat Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse. Stone IPA is a great brew. Firehouse Union Jack IPA is one fine brew too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jakeyb (24) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 26, 2012
Cloudy amber color with thin lacy head that dissipated quickly. Aroma is heavy on floral notes. Taste is kinda like chewing on a grapefruit rind. Slightly bitter finish. One of my favorite offerings from bells :) ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dsilvashy (24) - - JUL 26, 2012
Pretty copper brown color with a surprisingly sweet hoppy aroma. As I write this Iím excited to dig in. Super smooth and clean finish. Classic IPA, but with a little extra sweetness and clarity. Itís a great beer, but it only getís a 3.3 because none of the characteristics were extraordinary. But I must clarify, as a whole it was very tasty!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
impaleyou (24) - Indiana, USA - FEB 17, 2013
Amongst my favorite ipas. Bells knows how to make a good beer and this doesnít disappoint.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jcanj (23) - Michigan, USA - OCT 13, 2004
You can tell they use the hops in this beer. You really have to be ready when you take the first sip of this beer. This is my favorite IPA but I am sure that has something to do with the fact that my heart is with the Upper Peninsula. Make sure you take the time to pour this beer into a glass because it is good looking and really brings a lot to the beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jgioviano (23) - kildeer, Illinois, USA - APR 19, 2006
UPDATED: APR 30, 2006 Very hoppy, but very well balanced. citrusy with a dry finish. Bells makes great beer and this is easily one of the best they make. This has become my favorite IPA hands down