overall

RATINGS: 3637   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
parkerj (51) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JAN 4, 2016
I think I broke my palate for IPAs. A "well balanced" IPA comes across as overly-malty to me. I like the aroma a little more than the taste. Still a nice beer, just not what I’m looking for in an IPA right now.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
HoppyKev (50) - Redford, Michigan, USA - NOV 16, 2000
This is one of my all time favorite beers, the floral smell and taste of the hops is wonderful. If you are a hophead this is a must try for your list!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
millstadtguy (50) - Millstadt, Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2006
Pours a hazy orange color from the bottle with a fair head. Aroma & tste is of citrus and hops. A greay IPA!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
slf245 (50) - USA - AUG 22, 2008
Maybe it was because I was really looking for a refreshing swig or maybe it’s because it’s not a good lunchtime brew, but BOY is this strong for what I expected. But, as usually happens, I got used to the taste and strength and it was great to wash down some garlic crackers with. Too skunky for me in the aftertaste, though, and doubt I will purchase again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
PhilDBrewer (50) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JAN 7, 2012
Pours a golden yellow, slightly hazy. About 0.5in of frothy white head. Nice lacing. Aroma is predominantly citrus and very floral. Flavor is also heavily citrus and piney hops. Good mouthfeel. Carbonation is just right. Excellent IPA - truly one of the best.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
tambrico (50) - New York, USA - MAR 5, 2014
Pours light orange with a thick foamy white head; excellent head retention. Floral hops aroma, with some fruitiness mixed in there. Taste is hop-first bitterness that is very well balanced with some fruity undertones. Similar in a sense to Ballast Point Sculpin which I felt was more malt forward with some brilliant hoppy undertones. This could become my go-to IPA. Just fantastic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
eworkman1 (50) - - MAR 8, 2014
Should be what other IPA's aspire to be. Highly sessionable despite the higher alcohol and assertive hops. Clean flavors and remarkable balance.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sgallant (49) - USA - JAN 25, 2008
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2011 A great staple in my beer drinking. Very floral but well synchronized with the bitterness and sweetness of the malt. The smell is hoppy and the taste is far from monotone provide a long tasting experience.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheElder (49) - DeSoto, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 1, 2008
Amazing! This beer deserves the high percentile is currently has. Might be the best IPA I’ve had. So smooth and a perfect example of the style.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sbrewno (49) - Frankfort, Illinois, USA - OCT 26, 2004
Mellow pour with ample, cake-like head that sticks to the drinking device. Smells great, tastes better. No ’hints’ of anything. A great IPA with lots of hops. Orange, sweet and strong. This one will be a regular in the cooling unit. My only question is, where can I get it on tap???