overall

RATINGS: 3406   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Paulynine99 (21) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 26, 2001
good brew, lots o’ hops, you’ve gotta be in the mood for this one, but a good choice. bells rules.

jacare (21) - Hinsdale, Illinois, USA - FEB 19, 2007
Hinsdale, IL. Bottle poured into my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Glass. Today I made the hour round trip to Munster Indiana to pick up a case of these. Also grabbed some Alpha King while I was there. The Two Hearted Ale case is a plain brown box stamped with black letters. When I got home and poured a Two Hearted Ale, I remembered why I bothered. This beer is a treat for the eyes, nose, and palate. Pours a hazy light orange, lots of sticky lacing and a low head that quickly dissapates. The aroma, I love the nose on this beer. Floral, hops, citrus. Hits you as soon as you open the bottle. And the flavor, bitter hops, smooth, dry finish. Just enough malt. I have to say with a refrigerator stocked with Alpha King and Two Hearted Ale, it’s a real difficult choice. I think I’ll find myself going for the Two Hearted. I

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
houseofwares (21) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 7, 2007
This beer has incredible balance. The nose opens with floral heather, and honied malt, with sweet stone fruit hops. The palate is immediately overwhelmed by a rich and crisp bitterness followed by a lingering malt sweetness. A true American classic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Walkowiak (21) - Northville, Michigan, USA - NOV 28, 2007
Two Hearted is the beer I drink most often. Bottle. Light amber color. Nice head that dissipates moderately quickly. Strong aroma of hops (piney and citric). Light-medium mouth feel. Nice hoppy taste with some grapefruit and nice bitter finish. Not a lot of malt. Easy drinking for an IPA. When I want more malt, I go for DFH 90-Minute instead.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adamlangolf (21) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - OCT 13, 2008
An IPA staple for a good reason. Unmistakable. Light Amber in color and just make me think it would be the best sea fairing bear for the summer. Plenty of hops and the right kinds for me. Maybe Simcoe/Cascade and I dont know what else. I know it’s 3 kinds though. Grapefruit, Orange and a slight citrus tinge is in their.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
demsoc (21) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 25, 2009
Had in a sampler. An all around good IPA. Honey, cirtus, floral, herbs, spruce, and hoppy spice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MarthaPromise (21) - Illinois, USA - JUL 28, 2010
Pours orange with a quickly dissipating white head. Aroma is hoppy and fruity but not excessively so. Mouthfeel is medium with mild carbonation. Taste of grapefruit with fairly big hops up front. Not as hoppy as I remember or as some other IPA’s. Seems pretty balanced. I was so exited to be able to get this in Illinois a year or so ago and still am, however, I think I remember liking it a bit more then. Still a great beer and one that I’ll continue to go back to. BTW, I was surprised and happy to find this in our local Kroger store, although they had it tagged as a amber lager. WTF?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Climber77 (21) - SWEDEN - JAN 5, 2012
Floral, caramel to the nose, pretty much sweetness. Taste is very sweet with a medium body. Very balanced beer with lots of hops but with the sweetness of the malt that balances it perfectly. Lovely.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gegrographer (21) - North Carolina, USA - SEP 21, 2012
Fantastic everyday IPA, strong hops bite, grapefruit bitterness indicative of a nicely balanced beer of this style

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Monalovesbeer (21) - - NOV 16, 2012
Drank from bottle poured into short pilsner. Wonderful hops aroma with a bit of floral and fruitiness. Beautiful peach and gold color slightly cloudy with minimal head. Taste has bitterness of hops with a juicy, fruity, floral finish. Palate is dry and bitter from the hops with a lingering juicy sweetness, very nice! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone