overall

RATINGS: 3156   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jhanauer (6) - USA - JUL 6, 2006 does not count
I usually donít get into IPAs like others I know, but this one is an exception. You donít have to get ready for this brew - know what I mean? It pours easy and drinks easy. Not too watery and a fine aftertaste. The beer is crisp and the citrus aspects are tough to ignore. A fine brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
kenoshakid (6) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - DEC 20, 2006 does not count
Tap and bottle. Looks like a murky lake with the sunn shining on it. Tastes like a mixture between a flower and fruit garden. Though itís been said already, itís a very well balanced beer that goes down smooth with a strong grapefruit aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
joeyhotrod (6) - USA - MAR 16, 2007 does not count
Simply put one of the best beers of any type Iíve ever had. Had a nice creamy head sitting on top of a brilliant cloudy beer. The taste and smell both yelled out hops! One of those beers a hophead would be more than happy to get ahold of, yet also has enough balance to even things out abit for something who is not a huge fan of hops. Bellís continues to impress

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Drunkenpanda (6) - Virginia, USA - SEP 13, 2010 does not count
There are alot of friends in Richmond, Va that believe this is the best IPS brew. This brew is great donít get me wrong, but the hops are somewhat lacking. I consider this my 5th favorite IPA, as It does not quite make it to the finish line.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Brad89 (6) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2011 does not count
One of my favorites! Pours a dark orange with a full off white head. Aroma is spicy hoppy pine, and a touch of citrus. Taste is malt, caramel and a little sweet with citrus. Nice balance and very clean.

rmpjr (5) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2003 does not count
A lighter ale with a citrus flavor. Not as hoppy or bitter as some ales.A good beer to introduce othrs to craft brewing. Even C**rs drinkers will enjoy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
stogieman21 (5) - COLDWATER, Michigan, USA - NOV 18, 2004 does not count
A cloudy /frothy looking beer. Has a perfect balance of fruit and hops. Liked so much I bought a keg of it to enjoy through the winter

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
bmack94536 (5) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAR 20, 2005 does not count
Great, multi-flavored IPA that leads my list of the regular IPAís. Outside of an Imperial IPA, this is hop heaven in my opinion. But this beer doesnít stop there as there is a lot going on. My first taste made me think of licorice, but after a few sips I started to differentiate the hops from the piney, citrus flavor and the diacetyl that does help this beer. On draught, the aroma is almost too perfumy and pungent (my bar neighbors always seem to notice the aroma when I have a glass of it), but the taste is incredible with a variety of distinct flavors screaming for attention. Out of the bottle, the aroma is more subdued and the taste a bit flatter, but still head and shoulders above the competition. If Kalamazoo Brewing makes a bad beer, I havenít found it, and this may be their best.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
EBates (5) - Maumee, Ohio, USA - OCT 29, 2005 does not count
WoW! This little devil packs a punch in the nose! I mean that in a good way, of course. Great floral hoppy character. This is a great food beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Alemale (5) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 15, 2005 does not count
Strong centennial nose. Yes!!! Very hoppy and floral with some spice. This is my favorite IPA.