overall

RATINGS: 3175   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Brad89 (6) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2011 does not count
One of my favorites! Pours a dark orange with a full off white head. Aroma is spicy hoppy pine, and a touch of citrus. Taste is malt, caramel and a little sweet with citrus. Nice balance and very clean.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
trumble117 (6) - Morgantown, West Virginia, USA - FEB 17, 2013 does not count
Found this on draft in Columbus. Incredibly balanced with a strong hop presence. Slightly sweet and citrusy with a bite that sticks around for a minute. One if my favorites.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Germainj (6) - Ramrod key, Florida, USA - JAN 9, 2014 does not count
Excellent hoppy flavor. This will defiantly go on my favorites list Wish it available where I live

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
luizjorgem (6) - BRAZIL - JUN 2, 2014 does not count
espuma cremosa, cerveja com um pouco de turbidez, aroma lupulado, pouco retrogosto, não muito amarga

rmpjr (5) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2003 does not count
A lighter ale with a citrus flavor. Not as hoppy or bitter as some ales.A good beer to introduce othrs to craft brewing. Even C**rs drinkers will enjoy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
stogieman21 (5) - COLDWATER, Michigan, USA - NOV 18, 2004 does not count
A cloudy /frothy looking beer. Has a perfect balance of fruit and hops. Liked so much I bought a keg of it to enjoy through the winter

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
bmack94536 (5) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAR 20, 2005 does not count
Great, multi-flavored IPA that leads my list of the regular IPA’s. Outside of an Imperial IPA, this is hop heaven in my opinion. But this beer doesn’t stop there as there is a lot going on. My first taste made me think of licorice, but after a few sips I started to differentiate the hops from the piney, citrus flavor and the diacetyl that does help this beer. On draught, the aroma is almost too perfumy and pungent (my bar neighbors always seem to notice the aroma when I have a glass of it), but the taste is incredible with a variety of distinct flavors screaming for attention. Out of the bottle, the aroma is more subdued and the taste a bit flatter, but still head and shoulders above the competition. If Kalamazoo Brewing makes a bad beer, I haven’t found it, and this may be their best.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
EBates (5) - Maumee, Ohio, USA - OCT 29, 2005 does not count
WoW! This little devil packs a punch in the nose! I mean that in a good way, of course. Great floral hoppy character. This is a great food beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Alemale (5) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 15, 2005 does not count
Strong centennial nose. Yes!!! Very hoppy and floral with some spice. This is my favorite IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bigdaddy50 (5) - green bay, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 17, 2005 does not count
This was the first IPA I tasted - several years ago. Nothing I have tasted since has topped this. Very attractive pour. A fairly hard hitting bitterness that is softened by a fruitiness that makes it special. It’s pricey but well worth it. To me, this is a special brew for special times. Kalamazoo is one awesome brewer!