overall

RATINGS: 3269   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rdog (10) - Hammond, Indiana, USA - NOV 8, 2003
This is an exceptional IPA. It gives you a malty sweetness which I was not expecting. Most IPA's stop at the citrus character of the brew. This gave you a nice experience.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
thehoplocal (10) - Sykesville, Maryland, USA - JUL 2, 2010
An insanely good beer. Very strong floral nose with a rich mildly malty taste. Wonderful.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hoptrip619 (10) - California, USA - DEC 14, 2010
This is a beautifully balance IPA with tons of citrus hop flavor and the perfect amount of residual malt character. The day they distribute to Southern California will be a good day.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
NateZilla (10) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - FEB 19, 2011
Its official, I LOVE BELLS!!!! All of Bells’ beers are fantastic. I wasn’t a big fan of Ales until I drank this. The color is a very rich deep gold and the aroma is intoxicating. With all Bells beers, theres no terrible after taste, clearly its made with quality ingredients and lots of focus on the brewing process.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Panky (10) - Homestead, Florida, USA - MAR 5, 2012
Honestly, this is one of the best IPAs that I have had in a while... I just can’t believe that I didn’t buy it when I first saw it. It has a wonderfully strong hop character with some citrus that is balanced by a perfect amount of malts. I haven’t had the chance to pour it in a glass yet but it produces a nice bit of head after just popping the bottle :)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jgasparine (10) - USA - JUN 22, 2012
Poured with a thin white head, decent lacing, over a hazy yellow-amber body. Aroma is floral and earthy hops over a crackerlike malt backbone. Flavor is a fantastic balance of earthy hops and crackerlike malt, with a lingering earthy hop bitterness in the finish. Body is medium-plus, with a velvety soft carbonation. Alcohol is exceptionally well-hidden. Easily one of my favorita American Pale Ales.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
PhishPhan12 (10) - Amherst, New York, USA - SEP 30, 2013
This is one of my all around favorite IPAs, pours a nice dark gold with a white head. Smells floral, citrusy and piny. This ipa tastes amazing, perfectly balanced in my opinion. Looking forward to this being in New York State any day now, been waiting for the day for a while and will be very happy to be enjoying this ipa year round.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
CaptBeatty (10) - Ohio, USA - JAN 26, 2014
No mincing words here, if you are in the mood for an IPA, this is the beer you want. Good body and mouthfeel. They did not forget about the malt bill like some IPA’s. The hop finish is prominent, but somehow never unbalanced or harsh. Most IPA’s (and I’m a big fan) have moments where the finish gets to be too much of a one note song… that has never happened with this beer. For me, this is the yardstick other IPS’s are judged by.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
setilial (10) - - APR 28, 2014
As someone who isn’t usually a fan of IPAs, I had a feeling I wouldn’t like this beer very much. It’s hard to describe the taste as anything other than hoppy and bitter. For someone who does like IPAs, I think this is a great choice, but for someone who doesn’t, I would look elsewhere

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
rjwieczorek (10) - USA - JUN 1, 2014
This is the beer that's perfect for literally ALL occasions! Pours a wonderful dark amber color with a nice head. Smell is piney and the taste is to me what a great American IPA should be! Currently my favorite beer in my top beers list ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone