overall

RATINGS: 3160   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ksaker (4) - Indiana, USA - MAR 25, 2003 does not count
Complex flavors. Very tasty. This one has made it into my top 5 all time favs. Still have not identified all the different flavors in this beer. Also need to try it as my first beer...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
neillio (4) - evansville, Indiana, USA - NOV 1, 2005 does not count
i love this beer. i drink it as much as posible. when fresh this beer packs enough hops to be an IPA. nice and bitter. great for anytime of the day or year.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jarlaxle (4) - Skokie, Illinois, USA - JAN 6, 2006 does not count
Cloudy gold appearance with nice, fluffy, duvel-esque head. Nice smell for an IPA, although a little too sweet for my taste. Taste is also good for the style although not nearly as "biting" as I expected this beer to be. Least favorite aspect of this brew was the fact that there is no real lasting bitterness hanging around after sipping, it just kind of goes dull after a second or two. I understand this could be a plus for some, especially if you drink it like a session beer, but I like my IPAs to attack the palate a little more. Overall, this is a very good beer but did not live up to the hype Iíve been reading recently. Good IPA but not one of the best.

altivoid (4) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 30, 2006 does not count
This is a perfect iteration of an IPA. Finish is smooth. Hops are abundant and aromatic. An ideal brew for almost any occaision.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GreenwoodAP (4) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 23, 2006 does not count
A great session IPA. Not overwhelming but distinctive. I was a little put-off at first by the thin gold color, but the flavor is full with a satisfying feel to the mouth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jjjallen (4) - USA - APR 28, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2007 I like this brew. It has a very nice hoppy taste without being overly bitter. It has a great all round finish. Competes well with Dog Fish Head 90 minute IPA. Well worth the price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MichMicro4x (4) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 12, 2009 does not count
Not a bad IPA at all. A little harsh at first, but once youíve got one in you the next go down easy. If you enjoy this try Stone IPA or Founders Centennial IPA. Both are much better than 2<3

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
TheGoldenBear (4) - USA - JUN 16, 2009 does not count
This is one of my favorite beerís ever. In fact, I think Iíve yet to find an IPA I like more than this one. Have had it many times on tap at Stray Dog in New Buffalo, MI as well as in the bottle. I want to put on my bathing suit, drive to Comstock, and go swimming in this beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
outerspace81 (4) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - JUL 27, 2009 does not count
Great amount of hops. I really like this beer. One of my favorite IPAs. I cannot wait to have some more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
TheDewd (4) - Lenoir City, Tennessee, USA - SEP 12, 2009 does not count
An outstanding beer! One of my favorites of all time. Lots of citrusy hops and some spice. Canít say enough good things about this one!