overall

RATINGS: 3179   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ceeman (3) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 29, 2007 does not count
My favorite beer overall, so I figured it should be my first review. Crisp, drinkable and perfectly hoppy, this is the holy grail of IPA’s. Great floral and grapefruit taste, light orange-goldish color, with a fantastic finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
alfredotomato (3) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - JAN 16, 2008 does not count
Nice head, pretty color. Fresh aroma, nice grapefruit bitterness. Not for the faint of heart or the hopsphobe. Will drink again, and again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
willyum (3) - Virginia, USA - APR 22, 2008 does not count
lots of hops with citrus flavor and copper color texture... aroma is strong

IndyBeerBob (3) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 5, 2008 does not count
Sorry, I had to give my favorite beer a perfect rating! I dare someone to show me a better IPA (sorry, Hopslam and Centennial)

Salamanderslam (3) - , Missouri, USA - AUG 26, 2008 does not count
This fish clad bottle is a giant. If the beer was a fish, it would be the one that always gets away, the one you fantasize over and once you finally get it, you then give up fishing altogether. I can’t say it is the most even taste. I can’t even say that it is consistent even in one glass. This, however, is the beauty of it. On tap isn’t that much better than in the bottle in comparison to other beers. It fights with your mouth all the way down, but in a fun way like the punch in the arm from the girl you like, and it hurts for real, but you enjoy it too much to ask her to stop.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hooves (3) - Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 10, 2009 does not count
A favorite. Very tasty, not too thick, not too light. Love the northwoods style fish design!

detroital (3) - USA - MAR 13, 2009 does not count
My favorite beer in the whole world. Could be offensive to anyone who hates flowery brews. The perfect balance of all possible flavors in my opinion. I love it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rawhydes1 (3) - , Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2009 does not count
12 oz bottle. Unfiltered/hazy appearance. 2 finger white head. Light, refreshing mouthfeel. Strong citrus and pine hop flavor with a long, dry finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
AtomicYeti (3) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 25, 2009 does not count
It doesn’t get much better than this. By far the best IPA I’ve ever had and IPA is my fav style. A great floral hop aroma and bitterness balance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
fallingcedars (2) - USA - MAR 17, 2006 does not count
Like I.P.A.’s? You’ll love this! This beer has such flavor and drinability its amazing. Smell that citrus bouquet? That heady aroma of Orange peel and possibly corriander? Good dose of Piney hops that any I.P.A. should have. This may be my new favorite.