overall

RATINGS: 3206   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
ZacharyRMartin (3) - - SEP 7, 2013 does not count
Well balanced IPA. Smells citrus and hint of pine. Taste is very well balanced, strong hoppy & citrus front end and flavors phase out quite quickly to a very subtle finish. Not as hoppy as I like my IPAs but still a very nice beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

denheu (3) - - OCT 24, 2013 does not count
One of my favorite beers not too happy just Wright decent alcohol content of seven percent wonderful aroma very crisp taste I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes and ipa great representation of a wonderful michigan beer

Goodfellow (3) - - NOV 12, 2013 does not count
Enjoyed this at a Scottish Pub in Savannah, GA. Strong floral aroma. My favorite so far.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Skybison (3) - Michigan, USA - APR 15, 2014 does not count
Aroma: caramel, toast, floral, leather, woody Appearance: amber Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness Palate: medium body, average carbonation, long finish Overall: 19 out of 20; Simply my favorite IPA... and it doesn’t go all IPA’ish on me. A real beer; unique enough to command the score its given.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 9/20
solavirtus (3) - Michigan, USA - MAY 28, 2014 does not count
Strong citrus and piney nose, significant supporting bready malt. Firm but not biting bitterness, noticeable caramel malt. Dry, but enough body. Delicious and drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
creed643999 (2) - houghton, Michigan, USA - DEC 13, 2002 does not count
One if my first IPA’s. Great light copper color, not super hoppy, all in all a great brew!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jimkirkhoff (2) - USA - AUG 23, 2003 does not count
Excellent hop aroma and an over all great flavor, save for the obvious infections. DMS and occasional phenolics are obvious in this years batch. Overexpansion has come at a cost!

EricP1977 (2) - Mishawaka, Indiana, USA - JUN 2, 2005 does not count
I’m not going to tell you what color this pours or what hints of what random fruit I get when I taste it. I’m simply going to tell you that this is one of the best beers I’ve ever had. Bell’s (or Kalamazoo Brewing Co.) is easily one of the best breweries in the country.

dbrost (2) - Indiana, USA - SEP 23, 2005 does not count
Had this on tap for the first time recently and really enjoyed it with a feta pizza. The strong hops flavor is outstanding and it complemented the cheese perfectly.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
fallingcedars (2) - USA - MAR 17, 2006 does not count
Like I.P.A.’s? You’ll love this! This beer has such flavor and drinability its amazing. Smell that citrus bouquet? That heady aroma of Orange peel and possibly corriander? Good dose of Piney hops that any I.P.A. should have. This may be my new favorite.