overall

RATINGS: 3650   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

Ale Boy99 (19) - Twin Lake, Michigan, USA - OCT 1, 2002
My favorite IPA! But there are many more to try!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
core (19) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2006
Draft on tap at Bennigans. Aroma is floral, very hoppy flavor. Dont usually like IPAís but I like this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bilzmoude (19) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - FEB 7, 2006
Smells floral.. hoppy... like a good IPA should... almost of pine. Beautiful light amber coloring... Creamy head with pretty lacing. POW! The bitterness hits you right in the jaw. Bitter in the front and in the back. Too bitter for my tastes, but perfectly characteristic of the style. I am rating this higher than I like it, mostly because I know what a good IPA should taste like, and this is it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
robbyf (19) - Michigan, USA - SEP 15, 2007
If you like it bitter, youíll love this one. For me, though, the bitterness was just a little overpowering, to the point I couldnít detect much maltiness. Nice finish and clean aftertaste of high-quality hops, but I coulnít drink more than a couple of these at a time

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
iswain1914 (19) - USA - OCT 17, 2007
Fuck yeah Bells. You continue to leave the slew a shit american microbreweries int the dust. Perfect IPA....I would love to taste a Bells double IPA. Have yíall made one?.....Iím in Florida and have only tasted five of your fine brews....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SacSirPlato (19) - New Buffalo, Michigan, USA - AUG 26, 2008
A floral, citrusy extravaganza. The malt is there, but the hops shine through. Very drinkable, very crisp and very dry. A winner!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dreambrother (19) - Bemidji, Minnesota, USA - JAN 30, 2009
Pours a golden amber. Citrusy nose. Excellent disbursement of hops, malt, and citrus. My favorite IPA to date.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kesslekb (19) - USA - MAY 11, 2010
On draft at redlight redlight Wow This brew has alot going on I have never had an ipa with so many dif. flavor elements happening at once. fruit, pine, a slight hint of smoke the floral notes are crazy This is one complex momma

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Mdbeerfan (19) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - FEB 13, 2011
Light amber pour with a thin ring of white head. Smell: Quite fragrant: hops, floral notes, a little sweetness. Taste: Hops, citrus, grapefruit, orange, malt. Bells two hearted ale has a slightly bubbly mouthfeel with a crisp clean finish that lingers slightly....Plenty of hops throughout! A pretty good IPA, but not among my favorites. I was slightly disappointed with this beer. For all of the press and accolades Bells has been getting recently I really was expecting more from this beer. (It was rated #11 in the best american breweries of the decade 2000-2009) So far with Bells beers Iím 0-2, though I have yet to try the stout. From what Iíve seen so far, Iíd have to say that Bells is as almost as overrated as Dogfish Head.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
lordplayer (19) - Alabama, USA - JAN 2, 2012
I will never rate 25000 beers like some people on here can. Seriously? Good God find something to do besides drink/rate beer. Although drinking beer can be AWESOME, it should not take the place of, oh, say, life. Anyways, Two-Hearted is my favorite beer. Smells floral/great, is crisp/refreshing. Beautiful looking/amazing taste and finish. Forward slash/over-used.