overall

RATINGS: 3274   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

klumberg (1) - USA - MAY 26, 2008 does not count
In my opinion, this is the single greatest beer ever brewed. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale is the color of my wife’s skin; a satin kind of brown. Initially, I taste the bitter in the hops. This is followed quickly by a smooth slide to a malted garden. Drinking this beer is a transcendental experience for me.

jdawg2112 (1) - , Indiana, USA - JUN 25, 2008 does not count
This is without a doubt the ’go to’ beer. not too hoppy for those who enjoy the more commercially available brews, and yet distinct in personality for the epicurian drinker. 3 cheers to these beers...

IndyBeerBob (3) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 5, 2008 does not count
Sorry, I had to give my favorite beer a perfect rating! I dare someone to show me a better IPA (sorry, Hopslam and Centennial)

hamsterglory (48) - Bryan, Texas, USA - AUG 26, 2008
pure and simple, no debate or discussion or long drawn out review from me needed: this is the most beautiful, most perfect, most divinely inspired ale ever made. were you to tell me i had one hour to live, and i could only drink one beer in that hour, i ask for a bucket full of bell’s two hearted ale. this is the brow sweat of the Almighty in a glass.

Salamanderslam (3) - , Missouri, USA - AUG 26, 2008 does not count
This fish clad bottle is a giant. If the beer was a fish, it would be the one that always gets away, the one you fantasize over and once you finally get it, you then give up fishing altogether. I can’t say it is the most even taste. I can’t even say that it is consistent even in one glass. This, however, is the beauty of it. On tap isn’t that much better than in the bottle in comparison to other beers. It fights with your mouth all the way down, but in a fun way like the punch in the arm from the girl you like, and it hurts for real, but you enjoy it too much to ask her to stop.

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - OCT 24, 2008
Super dry and crisp flavors of grapefruit, hops, flowers, pine and malt. Went awesome with a french dip sandwich.

detroital (3) - USA - MAR 13, 2009 does not count
My favorite beer in the whole world. Could be offensive to anyone who hates flowery brews. The perfect balance of all possible flavors in my opinion. I love it.

josephselander (42) - Salem, Oregon, USA - MAY 14, 2009
Batch 8998. Appearance – Poured into my Sam Adams glass, a bright yellow with a cloudy orange center. A 1 and a half finger fluffy white head with amazingly beautiful lacing and retention. This beer is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. The bubbles flow endlessly from the laser-etching at the bottom; that never gets old! Smell – This smells like summer. Sweet citrusy notes dominate the nose: tangerines, lemons, mangos, and grapefruits! Has a nice hint of floral hops as well. Taste – The hop “zing” from this IPA is absolutely perfect. It hits my tongue the way it wants to be hit, not too hard, but it sure lets you know it is there. The grapefruit and tangerines come through beautifully after the hops do their job. I love this beer. Mouthfeel – Nice and light, but not too light. It sticks around for a second to let you get the full spectrum of taste that this has to offer, then goes away with a cooling feeling that is refreshing to say the least. Drinkability – I could drink this all morning, all day, all evening, and all night. Now if only I had a case… There is absolutely nothing wrong with this beer, it is amazing, and deserves all the praise in the world. Cheers to Bell’s for creating the perfect IPA!

bluto1978 (12) - Michigan, USA - SEP 28, 2009
The best beer I have ever had. Dumb looking fish on the front of the bottle, but who cares, its just flat out awesome

johninPA (1) - USA - DEC 7, 2009 does not count
Aroma is pungent, fresh and intoxicating. The hops are beautifully bright and well balanced by the malt. There’s no sweet, heavy overtones in the malt. This beer is perfectly balanced. Heavy on the hops and smooth on the tongue. The aftertaste makes you crave another. Best beer in America-I’d love to find something more perfect... If anything’s better than this, bring it on.