overall

RATINGS: 3207   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
fomentateur (110) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2004
Bell's Two Hearted seems to be a favorite amongs mid-west hop heads. In the cask it poured a deep amber color, relativley brite, with no head. The hops burst in aroma however, the hop aroma is very citricy, pungent, like pineapple. The flavor is slightly malty but over powered by the citric hop character. The mouthfeel is somewhat resine like. There is a sweet finish for a nice overall balance. The earthy, vine like hop character is not to my liking. I much prefer a flora hop quality

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - APR 16, 2004
I got tricked into having an IPA by my waitress. I'm just not a fan of the style although this one had a bit of a light refreshing aftertaste. One true downside was it looked like a standard bland yellow beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - APR 10, 2008
I keep hearing a lot about this beer, but I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was built up a bit much. Amber pour with a light tan head. Citrus and hops in the nose. Flavor is hoppy with a nice enough malt backbone, but it just seems like a one-note beer to me. It was just ok.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
slf245 (50) - USA - AUG 22, 2008
Maybe it was because I was really looking for a refreshing swig or maybe it’s because it’s not a good lunchtime brew, but BOY is this strong for what I expected. But, as usually happens, I got used to the taste and strength and it was great to wash down some garlic crackers with. Too skunky for me in the aftertaste, though, and doubt I will purchase again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
coldbrewky (1423) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - NOV 30, 2008
Sixer at the Wegman’s by my folks for Turkey day. I am underwhelmed with this puppy.. Yeah yeah lots of hops. Yeah yeah it smells like a hop silo. yes it is a nice pale yellow gold with a respectable ammnt of carb. with at thin continuous head. It has a bit (this much) body which reduces itself to a thin watery body. I found this brew lacking for all the hype. It aint hop devil. B.L.A.H.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Slacks (615) - Bolton, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 17, 2010
Draught @ World of Beer, Tampa, FL: A light brown pour, awesome clingy white head. Lots of soap in the aroma, some white pepper. The initial taste is just a giant, but pleasant, soapy hop bomb and it doesn’t tire much after that. I enjoyed it for what it was, but how on earth is this rated a 100? There are better IPAs, friends, including this brewery’s own Hopslam.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MacBoost (1276) - Pouring Bus, New York, USA - APR 24, 2011
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2013 Re-rate 10/17/13:

Ok, I’m finally going to give this beer another shot. I’ve shit on it twice now, but I’m going to give it the benefit of the doubt due to perhaps old bottles. Bells just started distributing in NY this week, this beer was bottled less than 2 weeks ago. If it’s not good this time around then it’s never going to be good.
Pours a clear gold with a white head. Aromas of bitter pine. Taste is like crushed Tylenol sprinkled with some citrus juice. A little too sweet. A little too thin. A little too boring. Finsihes pretty quickly with a small bit of bitterness and very low hop presence. No real juicy hop expression at all. No tropical fruit. No new ground being covered here. THIS IS AN INTRODUCTORY IPA. People who are easily impressed score this beer highly. This is a beer for novices. Upgrading my score from 2.0 to 2.9. Never again will I waste my money on this tripe.

this may be one of the most overrated beers on the planet. I found nothing special about this ipa. Not nearly as good as hop stoopid or even southern tier ipa. Dissapointing hop profile, this beer is just not very good. Not a fan at all. Would not buy again. RERATE: what a pile of shit this beer is. Am I just getting old bottles or something? I can’t believe how plain and uninspired this beer is. Would rather drink malt liquor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jb43 (1650) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - SEP 5, 2011
(bottle, 6/20/10). Cloudy orange/copper color. Large off white head. Light floral hop aroma. Flavor of the same, with light sourness. Avg duration. Light bitter finish. Thin/slick texture. Moderate carbonation. Spare lacing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Stuu666 (2283) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - MAY 17, 2014
Bottle at Craig’s tasting. Bit soapy, fruity, light, sweet, thin, not for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Michmike (11) - USA - SEP 3, 2007
Medium head quickly disappears..almost no lace. Not a lot of mystery to this one...loaded with hops. This beer presents a floral taste accompanied by bitterness thoughout. Strong lemon flavor. Beers that offer the combination of bitterness and high alcohol levels score well here - this one will rank high.