overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1065   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A Wheat Ale brewed with American Wheat and a proprietary blend of Hefe and classic Belgian-style yeasts. A refreshing winter alternative created from the subtle fusion of two classic flavors.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 15, 2004
This witbier pours with a cloudy pale yellow body topped by a thin head with little lacing left behind. The aroma is sweetand fruity (tropical fruits?) with a lot of yeastiness. The flavor is slightly sweet yet sourand reminds me a little of mustard (?). Light to medium bodied and slightly dry.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 14, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2005 Draught: cloudy pineapple-orange lemon juice. . . mediocre white head. I am not a huge fan of Witbiers. . . however this one was tasty: the aroma has nice lemon/citrus notes and goes easy on the banana (often times there is an artificial banana smell that I hate) here the banana peel notes added to the complexity. Palate is chewy like an average whit, but more rounded flavours combine with the yeast to make this great. There is a serious dry maltedness with coriander and orange rind that keeps me very interested.
12 oz bottle (2004 version, fresh): slightly hazed, yellow straw, thin white edge. Dull lemon hop aroma with citrus rinds and soft, doughy yeast. Palate is a bit more fizzy than the draught version and has more cloves and bananas than I remember. Equally dry and sticky and turns out that it is a bit better on draught.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 13, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2004 Wow, this is a nice pills. I also had this beer at a Milwaukee bar, probably because I was out with that lush pjones6738, and the bastard made me buy the round (just because he had bought the two before). Oh yea, good beer though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 13, 2004
I had this beer at a Milwaukee bar, and enjoyed it greatly. I didn't take formal notes, but this is one of the better witbeers that I've had in a while. Nice citrusy taste, sweet, without being overpowering. Very nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAR 9, 2004
This beer now seems to be everywhere, except not in stores :( I've found it at select brewpubs and then at hickich bars alongside with Bud and MGD... it's availability given the other selections available make me love this beer. Similar to Oberon in feel. Bell's is normally harsh and wonderful, but like Oberon, this beer is smooth. Cloudy, witish yellow, and just an excellent mouth feel. A nice sweet beer which once again makes it into my rare wheat rotation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jables (101) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAR 6, 2004
Had on tap at the Esquire (I was confused, it's not a beer bar yet they had Bell's, this is outstanding) Pours a bright and murky yellow with medium carbonation. Aroma is banana and flowers with some spices in there as well. Flavor is bananas and candy with some spicy notes threatening to breakinto the "main event" of the flavor so to speak. Unfortunately, the more I drink the more the sweetness just becomes too much. Body is about a medium and is actually quite befitting the style. Drinkability is hampered by the sheer sweetness of the is brew. In fact my buddy said it tasted like a "Blue Moon on a night on the town, ready to put out." I'm not quite sure what that means exactly but I think I agree.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Frank (3345) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 23, 2004
Very cloudy pale yellow. big banana nose. Creamy with soft carbonation. Very simple with overripe banana dominating. Not bad though with a slight hint of cloves and spice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - FEB 13, 2004
Grabbed a growler of this from the Liquor barn and sat down to a happy evening. Hazy golden color with a generous white head. Aromas are floral and sweet. Flavor is smooth with sweet yeasty tones and again floral. Looses some points in the palate because I felt that it was slightly over carbonated. A wonderful brew none the less and I feel fortunate to havr tried it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
edden (925) - cow- lumbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 1, 2004
12/31/03: on tap at Betty’s, NYE.
cloudy, golden-yellow body with a nice amount of white head which quickly dissipates. some lacing left. wheat nose with some notes of lemon. nicely carbonated with flavors of wheat, clove and banana.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
vtmobile (43) - Alabama, USA - JAN 31, 2004
Wheat beers are summer beers. The big surprise is that this is a wheat beer on testosterone. Every classic aspect of a wheat is a bit exagerated in this beer. It is very cloudy with s short finely laced head. The beer is a dark straw color with a strong lemony aroma. The palate is adequately short of sweet with citrus overtones and a fairly strong hop follow through. Wheats are not my favorite, but this one holds its own.