overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1042   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A Wheat Ale brewed with American Wheat and a proprietary blend of Hefe and classic Belgian-style yeasts. A refreshing winter alternative created from the subtle fusion of two classic flavors.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - DEC 29, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 5, 2008 What a great beer! The best new one I have had in many months, this winter wheat is refreshing, crisp, spicey and just plain delicious. I love what beer but some get it to sickningly sweet or make it too heavy. This is the perfect mix of sweet and sour and has a fine body. First class and has a beautiful painting on the bottle as well.

MatthewHinz (11) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - SEP 25, 2012
I’m being really generous with this rating as this is my absolute favorite beer. This is the only reason to look forward to the colder moths. This beer is sweet and really easy to drink. Just dont buy it after early March. Great for those long winter moths.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jezmez68 (402) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - DEC 26, 2006
I love whit beers! This one was a pleasant surprise in a 12-pack sampler mostly consisting of Stouts or Stout winter ales. Nice citrusy smell, great clean taste with a hint of citrus. Great label artwork.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
1TipsyPair (4) - Michigan, USA - JAN 24, 2013 does not count
I love this beer and greatly look forward to it every year. Drink cases of the stuff. A very much sophisticated WHITE WHEAT. Clean, semi tart finish. Certain sweetness to it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Flash128 (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2013 does not count
Great taste! Would love to walk into the corner store and pick up this beer on the regular.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
olmancd (2) - Ohio, USA - SEP 30, 2004 does not count
Great wheat flavor with a bite. A nice surprise for the winter. I had it for the first time when I was not able to find Oberon and liked it a great deal better. I only wish I could get it year round. I have to order it by the case.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ericcassidy (38) - Ohio, USA - DEC 30, 2009
Yeasty, citrusy, a little alcoholy, smooth, refreshing. Loved this one. I wish it wasn’t sold out all over town!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Tbone78 (4) - - MAY 5, 2014 does not count
This is heads and tales the best of all wheat beers. When compared to the overly spiced knockoffs of good winter ales this is one I can always go to (it is seasonal however). I was so impressed with the clean mild aroma that has enough bite for my taste that I would say it helped truly see a difference in the other wheat ales I’ve tried. It will always be my acid test against any other comers. Wish I didn’t have to wait till next year for it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
AmyGinger (43) - USA - FEB 21, 2010
One of the few whites that we both agree on. has enough flavor to keep the flavor on the palate

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - OCT 31, 2010
Smells citrucy--not like winter. But it tastes like winter, light flavor, creamy aftertaste. Good. Easy.