Benelux Dormeuze
     click to upload

Brewed by Benelux Brasserie Artisanale
Style: Lambic Style - Gueuze
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Fermentation en cuve de stainless depuis décembre 2008! D’abord servie jeune avec des cerises noires, il y a deux ans lors de notre3e anniversaire, voici la version finale. Ce sera une surprise pour tous!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Glouglouburp (6104) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 5, 2011
In short: A basic dry rustic blonde ale lacking life
How: Cask at brewpub
The look: Cloudy blonde body with no head
In long: Nose is pleasantly rustic/farmhouse, the type of rustic yeast aroma I like to get from my Saisons, except that here it is not accompanied by anything else. Just rustic yeast. Taste is just as straightforward. Rustic yeast, dusty attic, horse blanket, hay. Dry finish. Not sure if I’d call it a gueuze. Also, the cask conditioning was the wrong vehicle for this beer. Because I’m a sucker for rustic Saisons and dry beers I did enjoy it to some extent but I’m sure I would have like it quite a bit more had it been “CO2ed”. This was a one-shot experimental beer for Benelux fifth anniversary. One of my least favorite beer from them but I had to try it. They had 22 different beers at the party, that’s 22 beers to chose from!!! And of course I got lectured when I came back stumbling home but never did she compliment me about the 3 beers I didn’t drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Lubiere (10439) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 28, 2011
A hazed amber gueuze with no head. A nice smooth horseblanket aroma, with light mineral notes. In mouth, a rather weak example, watery, a bit of cork and Brett, buttery popcorn, quite sad...something went wrong here. On tap at brewpub, 5th Anniversary party, April 30 th.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
TaktikMTL (6010) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 19, 2011
Cask. Verre de 12 oz dégusté directement à la brasserie lors du party 5e anniversaire. Arôme: Légère odeur de pommes vertes. Apparence: La couleur est blonde voilée. Saveur: Goût de céréales avec une pointe de pommes vertes. Courte durée de l’arrière goût. Palette: Le corps et la texture sont mince. Faible effervescence en bouche. Légère présence de céréales en arrière goût. (Rating #3644)