overall
Brewed by Bergenbier SA (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Ploieşti, Romania

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Ingredients: Malted barley, hops, maize, water.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Fin (9164) - Merton, Oxfordshire, England, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - OCT 10, 2007
500ml Bottle from Tesco, Bicester Poured light golden colour with white head. the merest whiff of sweet malts on the nose led me onto a quite forgettable beer, I struggled to find much flavour at all, very mild, quite safe but there was a slight bitterness there, ok.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
harrisoni (16583) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - OCT 8, 2007
500ml bottle from Tesco. 4.8% Pale gold, lasting white head. Touch of cardboard on aroma, touch of lmeony hop. Some Turkish Delight flavour, not much depth of flavour or feel in mouth, bit metallic on end, but by a long way, not the worst pale lager Iíve had. Itís alright, bit empty in the middle, but fine.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
berkshirejohn (5677) - Bracknell, Berkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 3, 2007
500ml bottle from Tescos. Looks like a standard eurolager, gold with a white head; aroma is musty with hay and honey; full flavoured with a burst of leafy hops and some sweetness which is well balanced; leading to a gentle bitter finish. Much better than I anticipated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Mungo (2471) - Southampton, Hampshire, ENGLAND - SEP 29, 2007
Bottle (from Tescos). Contrary to most people here I quite enjoyed this! Tasty rounded malts with a hint of honey and pleasant slightly leafy hops. Mild clean finish but quite characterful. Maybe I should get my tastebuds checked out.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DruncanVeasey (7999) - NUNEATON, Warwickshire, ENGLAND - AUG 29, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2007 Excitedly cracking the cap of my first Romanian...only to find itís Belgian. Sort of. Sweet grassy aroma with hints of vegetable and bile. Probably the most shockingly popcorn flavoured beer Iíve tried. Lingers with a ridiculous cornflake flavour. Mercifully shared most of it with the carpet. A bad beer, but quite a pleasant drink.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
scotty (1128) - SCOTLAND - AUG 29, 2007
50cl bot from Tesco, pale gold, thin soapy white head. Thin and watery little aroma and little flavour. Yet another bland insipid lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
mnurda (1229) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 7, 2007
Canned Sample from my Romanian friend. Didnt notice the styrofoam taste, but it was definitely lacking.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
piscator34 (2261) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 9, 2007
Canned sample. Brought back from Romania from a friend of a friend. Pale yellow in colour with medium carbonation and a head that dissepates quickly. Mild grassy hop aroma with some sticky pilsner malt. Not good tasting at all: notes of minerals, chemicals, styrofoam. Harsh and drying finish. A very poorly executed "international lager".

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Quinten (1056) - zaandam, NETHERLANDS - SEP 4, 2006
Golden color,thin head, very thin regular one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - JAN 27, 2006
Can version. The only reason Iíve even been exposed to this beer was because my best friend went to Romania and brought back some of their local stuff thatís probably not available in the states. So while this wonít be too informative in making a decision in buying it stateside, if you ever make it to Romania then you will know what to avoid (or try if you want to see for yourself). The pour out of the can was incredibly foamy with a typical blonde ale look. Lots of carbonation, a very clear yellowish color with little aroma. At first taste, I had to make sure my tongue was working because quite frankly there was nothing registering. Then after a second mouthful, I could taste a slight grainyness to it that was not pleasant. Then an awful chemical taste that was reminiscent of Budweiser or Miller. Then it hit me. This cold sweat started to break out. I was being optimistic and rationalized that it was something other than the beer (same friend gave his dad Oranjeboom and subsequently got gout...what a son). I was wondering if the formaldahyde like chemical taste was causing this sweat. It had me worried so as I got up and walked to the sink to pour out this garbage, I had to stop and remember that my best bud got this for me, so I had to do an about-face and stomach the rest. It did not get any better, but it didnít get any worse either which was weird. Anyways, I guess the moral to the story is that if you find yourself in Romania you might want to avoid this one, but if your best friend gets it for you just grin and bear it."