overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 24   MEAN: 2.72/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Dortmunder is still famous as a brewing center, but its namesake beer is something of a rarity these days. The great beer writer Michael Jackson described the style as halfway between the austere crispness of a German pils and the lush maltiness of a Munich helles—in other words, a perfectly balanced all-malt beer. Starting with a base of U.S. 2-row pilsner malt, we add just enough lightly-kilned Vienna and Munich malts to add a slight caramel character. Hops are New World versions of European classics, smooth and clean, but with some real personality as well.

BeerInHeaven's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerInHeaven (134) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 1, 2014
First of all, I don’t think this is really a lager. For me its much closer to an APA (which is one of my favorite styles). hazy gold with a frothy white head. decent lacing. nose is grass with some hops coming through. Taste is crisp and slightly bitter. Bitter hops on the finish with some nasal linger. I like this beer and could easily session it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wmubronco1992 (603) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - JUN 8, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear corn color. White size white head. Fruity aroma. Flavor is of grain and honey. Overall very mild. Noting offensive, in fact I could see drinking this again because it is nice and smooth. However there is nothing that would make me seek this out. Reminds me of other Stevens Point beers

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Christpuncher (977) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 5, 2014
A smooth lager that is slightly fruity and a little bitter. Pours light yellow in color and smells fruity. Had this one at wild goose ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ryanscourt (698) - Latrobe, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 18, 2014
Light sweet flavor, similar to a pilsner but a little more sweet flavors. Light hop crisps, but not that strong.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
catface5326 (154) - virginia beach, Virginia, USA - APR 4, 2014
Yellowish pour from a tap. Standard lager. Crisp and clean. Good for summer time. Not much to it though

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
boozedude (1676) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - FEB 12, 2014
bottle from friar tucks , hazy copper pour with white head, aroma of dead fruit, taste is fruit, and meh, not a huge fan, not my style either

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Onslow (1132) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JAN 19, 2014
Pour from a 12 oz bottle. Clear yellow brew with white head, good lacing as the glass goes down. Aroma of light malt and a little grass. Taste is sweet light malt at the start with a pleasant dry grassy finish, a little crisp green fruit at the end. Not a hint of adjunct and no off tastes or smells. Enough character to rise above being merely an inoffensive brew. Simple but tasty.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
queenholly (2847) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - DEC 8, 2013
Bottle. Light grainy malt aroma. Slightly hazy pale gold with a moderate white head. Grainy malt and grassy flavor. Light body, moderate carbonation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Niko100 (1936) - Illinois, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Draft; Light straw/gold color; Medium body; Aroma of light grain, & hops; Flavor of malt, grain, and hay; Finish is slightly bitter; Just average for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 26, 2013
Berghoff introspective 1 of 5. So I looked in the cooler at Woodman’s and noticed this beer from Berghoff as one I haven’t rated yet. I managed to find five Berghoff’s in the singles coolers and was ecstatic to get more Wisconsin rates. A long time ago I started on rate beer and I simply had to try and buy everything. That everything soon became everything in the Midwest: the three I’s – Illinois, Indiana and Iowa, the three M’s – Missouri, Minnesota and Michigan and my home state of Wisconsin. Not long into the process I had to drop the three I’s as my cellar and waistline were expanding at a rate my pocketbook could not keep up with. One by one the M’s dropped off with me focusing on mainly one thing now – Wisconsin beers. If the beer is from Wisconsin and I haven’t had it, I’ll buy it - every single one (save swill at the moment). So as I poured my “made in Steven’s Point beer” into my “Brewed in Monroe Wisconsin” Berghoff glass (coincidence) I had now added another Wisconsin click to my wide assortment of Wisconsin rates... but wait, Berhoff is now from Chicago??

Straw yellow with a slowly fading medium white head. Aroma of skunked grains, toasted malt and mild bready notes. Taste is bland and wunderless with toasted Munich malts, grassy/leafy notes and a dry finish.