erickok (2371) - Tours, - JUL 23, 2012
2.4 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 4/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 8/20
Brown bodied, grey head. Cherry candy, white sugar. Full on sweetness, cherry and strawberry, balanced by only some carbonation. Strangely it’s not so bad. Aftertaste okay. Some malts.. Just really sweet but I can’t rate this very low.
Bamsen78 (1038) - Sřnderborg, DENMARK - JUN 9, 2013
2.1 AROMA 4/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 4/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 7/20
Bottle. Pours clear dark amber with airy off-white head. Clear aroma of cherries with a malty touch. Sweet flavour of fermented low quality cherries, soaked in malt. Rusty, rather metallic finish. Nothing really recommendable but definitely drinkable.
Douberd (681) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 29, 2013
2.1 AROMA 5/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 4/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 7/20
500 ml bottle, bought in Germany, poured into a shaker glass. I got this one thinking that Kirsch is the name of the brand and that I was buying a normal porter, I see now that is a porter mixed with cherries or something.
Pours a dark brown beer, but also transparent on the body, just like a watered cola. One finger of off-white to light beige head, with low retention and no lacing left on the glass.
Aroma of cherries, but a bit artificial, mixed with lightly roasted malts, mostly hidden and coming from the back. Still, not that bad.
Way too sweet taste, mostly of cherry juice, again kind of artificial. More like a cherry flavoured cola soft drink than a beer.
Light carbonation of course and a very thin body. Sticky feeling on the palate.
I read the ingredients now and some things make sense, some don’t. For example, it contains 5% concetrated cherry syrup, hence the artificial aroma and flavour, but the other 95% is a porter beer, and I can’t understand how such a small percentage of cherry syrup overpowers everything else in there.
To conclude, this was a big disappointment.
mike_77 (2016) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 18, 2013
1.6 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 3/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 5/20
Murky brown. Aroma and flavour of artificial cherry. A bit like cherry coke. Sweet and awful.
tcane7 (904) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 16, 2013
1.3 AROMA 4/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 2/10 PALATE 1/5 OVERALL 4/20
Bottle. Pours dark amber. Real fruity nose- figs, plums, dark fruit, Dr Pepper. So syrupy and sugary. Taste like a lightly carbonated soda. Drain Pour.
Benzai (4435) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - MAR 21, 2013
3.4 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 13/20
Bottle shared by Joes. Clear brownish color with a red touch to it, small off-white head. Smell cherries and basically that’s it. Taste cherries, sweetish, but fortunately not artificial. I quite like it. That is, I don’t like the style, but it’s a decent one, one I can easily drink.
DutchDrebus (2362) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - MAR 21, 2013
3.4 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 14/20
Bottle @ home thx to joes. Copperish colour with a head that doesn’t last long. Smells cherry (more a candy type then a natural cherry) mostly. Tastes like Haribo cherry candy and gummi bears. Medium body, soft carbo.
ken1 (525) - DENMARK - FEB 21, 2013
2.8 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 12/20
A nice sweet cherry flavor, but very little porter. Dark reddish brown in color with a fading head.
WheatKing (744) - Oak Bay, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 25, 2013
1.2 AROMA 2/10 APPEARANCE 2/5 TASTE 2/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 4/20
Advent Calendar #17. First, I like fruit juice and enjoy me a good fruit beer. But this doesn’t fit the deal; I have no idea how this could become somebody’s regular beer. The "beer" flavour and cherry does not fit at all, it’s like oil and water.
Someone said it’s like Dr Pepper mixed with no name Black Cherry pop... I say take that and add in some Pepto-Bismol and fermented corn syrup, and you’ve got yourself a stew going, named Kirsch Porter. Very hard to complete, not sure why I did, oh yeah cause I’m a miser.
simonblaine (117) - Alberta, CANADA - JAN 17, 2013
1.9 AROMA 4/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 4/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 6/20
Ummmmmm, well, it pours dark, minimal head. Smells like, well, stale beer. Taste? Open a can of coke, pour half of it into a glass, fill the other half with cherry pop. Let it sit on the counter for an hour to lose some fizz. Drink. That is what it tastes like.
Auerhahn (13) - North Rhine-Westphalia, GERMANY - JAN 5, 2013
1.5 AROMA 2/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 3/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 5/20
0.5l bottle. Sweet red fruits aroma. Dark copper colour with a thick beige head. Taste is surprisingly sweet, like a German beer-mix drink. Much too artificially sweet and fruity for my liking. Tastes more like a soft drink than a beer.