overall
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 799   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   EST. CALORIES: 90   ABV: 3%
Light golden in color, extremely sour with a light bodied wheat character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - DEC 30, 2004
Although I have little to compare it to -- this being my first Berliner Weisse -- I found this beer very enjoyable. Nice and sour, acidic, and some light spiciness. Very refreshing. I will admit, I enjoyed it even more with the accompanying cherry syrup. But I could drink this happily with or without.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - DEC 17, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 3, 2010 I really enjoyed this beer(Thanks Dortmunder) the sourness was a bit of a shock at first, but it really grew on me, light flavorful, large, quickly dissapaiting head. I will have this beer again!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
tiggmtl (4547) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 16, 2004
Mild earthy hop nose (?) was not what I expected at all. Fairly clear golden coloured body with fizzy white head that diminishes to thin ring. Tart citrus-lemon flavour borders on sour. Background wheat flavour is rather cardboardy. Very light in body and somewhat thin and fizzy. Bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jimmack (1223) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - DEC 12, 2004
Pale yellow with a good size white head. Tart, earthy aroma with hints of grapefruit. Flavor was tart, but only moderately so. Bartender kept insisting I try it with syrup because it is too tart, but I love tart beers. I just wish it had a little more flavor to go with the tartness. Very drinkable though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jde123 (766) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - DEC 11, 2004
Extremely sour, seems to soak up any accompanying flavor. This was served with a lemon wedge which complemented the flavor to the point of replacing the flavor. An adventurous beer for a person used to taking chances. I didnít like this particular variety.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HumuloneRed (751) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 6, 2004
Cloudy straw color with good head and lacing. Grat sour doug bread nose. Sour blue cheese flavor with some floral notes.. Silky texture. Very drinkable with or without syrup. Some people donít get it, but I really like sour beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2005 This is my first experience with a Berliner weisse, so I wasnít sure what to expect. It poured a pale yellow color with a fizzy head (soon dissipated) and lots of lively carbonation. Itís got a sour, earthy aroma and a very sour flavor with a grassy, grainy wheatiness. Tart dry finish. Iíd be interested in trying others of this style.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Chicago, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
footy (345) - scottsdale, Arizona, USA - NOV 27, 2004
bottled 330 ml. Light yellow. Sweet/Sour aroma. Sour Dry lip puckering taste. Appropriate light bodied. Dry finish. Good Berliner weisse. Címon guys every beer doesnít need to be a belgian strong ale. Good when mixed with Bar Harbor Brewing Blueberry soda syrup . A nice sweet/sour taste. Great summer beer. Multiple tastings.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
piscator34 (2046) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - NOV 24, 2004
Light gold and well carbonated with a slightly floral/grapefruity aroma. Very sour citrus flavor with a lactic note and a short finish. Light mouthfeel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - NOV 21, 2004
Very light golden color with amazing lacing. Strange and unique aroma: sour, slightly grainy, a little funky, pretty subtle. The flavor is extremely sour with a noticable wheat presence. Refreshing, complex, but not highly appealing to me. Effervescent and light on the tongue. Watery. Would be enjoyable on a hot summer day.