overall
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 755   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   EST. CALORIES: 90   ABV: 3%
Light golden in color, extremely sour with a light bodied wheat character.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 27, 2003
No syrup added. Very clear and ligth color with a decent head which fades. Aroma is slightly wheaty but not much else. Flavor is crisp light malt and wheat. Very clean tasting with a moderate sour and acidic finish. Overall not as sour as I anticipated, but still good. Very refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
goz (359) - Chelmsford, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Drank clean. Pours a slightly hazy golden, with a small white head that quickly rushes to leave nothing behind. Aroma is strongly sour and citric. Flavor follows, with a mouth-puckering sourness, and bone dry finish. The sourness of this medium bodies brew sticks around forever. I can see this being somewhat refreshing if mixed with a syrup or something to offset the overpowering sourness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
egajdzis (5277) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2003
Poured a golden color with a very small white head in a cool looking glass. Grassy, barnyard, hay aroma. Tart, sour, taste. Slightly carbonated, crisp, quick finish. Like a lambic, but shorter. Then I put some apple syrup in the glass. It made it less tart, but alittle sweeter. I think I enjoyed it more pre-syrup.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mullet (849) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2003
Slight haze, pours with a nice big head which doesn't last long. Aroma is toasty like some Lambics with a bit of artificial blackcurrant. Flavour is lemon-sour, refreshing but quite one-dimensional. Quite nice and very refreshing but lacking complexity.

wulfhere (217) - Billings, Montana, USA - NOV 10, 2003
My first bottle of Berliner Weiss, and since I live in Beer Hell (Montana), I had to buy it at Topper's in Helena (One of the very few places that works to get decent imports in the State of Montana). The bottle is an odd shape, sort of squat. The initial nose is tart and crisp with hints of lemon and vinegar. The taste isn't as sour as I would have expected, but is instead only mildly puckery. The overall flavor is of mild citrus, wheat malt, and a clean yeast flavor. My bottle was cloudy because I swirled the bottle before serving it, to get the hefe effect. I can't say that this is the greatest beer I ever tries, but after hearing the horror stories of how sour Berliner Weiss can be, I can honoestly say the fear was overblown. Kindl is a tasty, wake-you-up change from the run of the mill hefeweisen and I'd recommend that everyone try one sometime--oh, but get it on tap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - NOV 8, 2003
Pale yellow color with a small (quickly diminishing) white head. The aroma was not as strong as I would like...some lemon zest, grassy, and a slight barnyard funk. The flavor was stronger...not as sour as I expected...pure lemon zest, grass, and sour raspberries. Crisp, clean, dry feel. Very satisfying.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MaBeer1972 (1269) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 8, 2003
Light hazy yellow color, lots of carbonation happening. Thin white head. The flavor is sour, as advertised. Very crisp and refreshing. With the low ABV, this would be excellent on a hot summer day!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - NOV 8, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2005 Pale yellow, slightly hazy, almost no head. Lemony aroma (sour). Interesting mix of citrus sourness along with cidery notes. Very light hints of wheat. Somewhat complex with a fairly nice balance. Body is light, refreshing, semi-acidic but not as much as a lambic. It seems my palate has eveolved a bit because I certainly liked this more than the last time.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Kinz (3258) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Poured clear yellow, very little head. Palate a bit numb from French fries, but there really was virtually no aroma. Maybe some very faint lemon. Flavor was dominated by some grainy wheat, with a light lemon flourish on the end. Not overly sour by any means, I didn't see any need for syrup. Decent, but I need to try some more from this style to be completely objective.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - OCT 24, 2003
A clear straw color with a foamy but quickly fading head. Mild sweet scent, a tart flavor with traces of nuts! The tartness throws my tastebuds out of whack. It isn't what I expected, from a lambic yes, but not a weisse. I don't think I'll try this one again.