overall

RATINGS: 222   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A truly Imperial stout with a touch of honey for smoothness, the flavor impact of a strong espresso, and a high final gravity.

hophead48116 (2) - Brighton, Michigan, USA - NOV 22, 2006 does not count
A fanastic imperial stout. too bad it is no longer made. hope someone picks it up. Chocolatey, coffee flavor, nice and rich and malty. best imperial I have had. Just snagged 5 six packs...lucky me...maybe the last 5 on the planet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Davhgbrew (886) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - MAR 8, 2002
Aroma of chocolate and coffee, nice dark brown head, and dark as night. Terrific flavor, a little thinner than I like an imperial stout to be, but the complexity of this brew makes up for it. Great beer that I would consider almost an equal to Sam Smith’s.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
nurre99 (1) - USA - MAY 18, 2001 does not count
I don’t much about beer, but I find it um um tasty

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Reid (1803) - Salem,Oregon, Oregon, USA - NOV 30, 2003
Ok this had mixed reviews ..so thought I would try for myself.. Came in the 22oz bomber again the nice yet simple Bert Grants label. Wow this is one great looking stout..deep black..even held to the light there are no 'accents"..lovelly creamy tan head..small, doesnt last long..but good lacing. really nice choclaty, esspresso stout aroma..very nice. nice creamy sweey malt beginning followed by a black french coffee bitterness..then some nice understated hopping. very delicious and creamy smooth on the palate. a very intresting brew and very drinkable though at only 6 % this is not a regular "imperial"..but I could drink this until the cows come home..or I pass out LOL.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
baseballguy (246) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2004
There is plenty of drinking pleasure here at a very reasonable price, so this could easily become a regular libation of mine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - AUG 30, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 15, 2004 Nice black color with resiliant head. Aroma has a strong vinous notes and a ton of roasted malts. The taste wins the prize. Full bodied, rich, sweet and bitter wrapped into one guld of pure bliss. Nice smoky finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 11, 2002
Alot of flavor. Chocolate, roasted malt. A bit thin - would perfer a little more chewey.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dogbrick (7243) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 19, 2003
Thanks to Darkover for the trade. Considering this is my favorite style of beer, I may be a little more critical than I am with other styles. That being said, this was a good beer but really not on par with the exceptional Imperial Stouts I have tried like Dark Lord, Siberian Night, or Old Rasputin. Pours a deep dark brown with a medium milk chocolate-colored head. Nice aroma of chocolate, coffee, and a little vanilla. Rich body with a big coffee flavor. There are also flavors of hops, chocolate and some malt. The finish is probably the hoppiest I have encountered in an Imperial. While it did not detract from the beer a whole lot, I prefer a more rounded (malt, caramel) finish. I also think it could benefit from an ABV boost.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shag (2559) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - AUG 22, 2003
Pours dark with a nice brown head. Good lacing on the glass. Aroma is sharp chocolate and coffee. Flavor is complex coffee and dark chocolate with a hint of nuttiness and licorice. I really enjoyed this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
heemer77 (5080) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - MAR 22, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 29, 2004 The aroma has cherry, malt and some coffee. The flavor is dark roasted coffee and a little chocolate. A delicious combination. The roasted flavor mellows through a glass. The dark red head went away quickly. It has medium body and the acohol is not felt at all. There is lots of lacing. This is a great stout. Others rip this for not having the strong flavors of other imperials. Yes, it is more like a dry stout, but that makes it better, to me anyway.