overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 174   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
A Hefeweizen brewed in the American style with a refreshing kick. This easy drinking Hef is a lighter style American Hef with an added touch, the touch of orange. Carefully blended a hint of orange with an American Hefeweizen to produce this light easy drinking ale, perfect match for when you looking for something to satisfy your palate without being overly sweet or overbearing.

FATBABYCHUNK (1) - Fresno, California, USA - AUG 17, 2007 does not count
I wish I knew where I could buy around town. I havnít been able to find it anywhere.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jtclockwork (8234) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 1, 2010
One of my favorite summertime beers of all time. Orange tint and mandarin orange flavor. I was sad to see this one go. Rated 7/4/04

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
snotrocket (20) - USA - JAN 28, 2005
This is the perfect beer to enjoy in the middle of the summer in Phoenix AZ. Iíve had it both on tap and in the bottle and both times Iíve been very pleased. It has a pale orange appearance with a orange flavor aroma. Its not a fruit beer per se but more like a light hefeweizen with mandarin orange undertones. Itís such an easy beer to drink and remains one of my top three summer time beers.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - MAY 18, 2004
As a conniseur of Fruit beers this is my comments on this one. Taste like an Orange wheat beer. Probably not doing it justice following Hair of the Dog Adam. Lets be honest. When a beer is a Fruit beer it better taste like the fruit its proclaiming it is. In this instance, Grants Mandarin Hefeweizen lives up to its billing. Iím not saying its the bomb. Iím saying if Orange Mandarin is what your seeking. This is a very good choice. Would be a tremendous hot weather beer. As it is today where Iím residing. Just hard to follow Adam. It would be so for any beer but I give it props for living up to its own billing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bigal1967 (1) - USA - APR 27, 2005 does not count
This was one of the best finds I made when living in Seattle. While I tend to be a purist, living in the Pacific Northwest meant that I had to endure overly hopped IPAs on a regular basis. This beer added a balanced flavour with an interesting twist. I had a friend come and visit me from Seattle and had her carry a 6 pack on the plane for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mlist55 (210) - media, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2007
Gold bodied with a short-lived head. The aroma is sweet Mandarin oranges and garden flowers. The oranges become almost syrupy sweet in the flavor, although the wheat finally shows up in the background.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
run20six2 (119) - USA - JUL 10, 2004
A very rich nice tasting beer. Meduim bodied with full taste. Has a hint of orange and a bit sweet.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - OCT 19, 2003
While I hate it when you order a wheat beer at a bar and they stick a fruit slice in it without asking first, I liked this beer. The Mandarin aroma and taste is very refreshing, even though I know it is a replacement for the slice of fruit I hate. But why should this be any different from Unibroue's Ephemere flavored beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - NOV 21, 2004
Pours just like a hefe weizen,nice and cloudy with a decent head.Definately tastes of grain and oranges.As i let this beer go to room temp, the orange became more dominant.The finish was clean and overall will have to have more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BŁckDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - SEP 6, 2003
Golden hazy straw color. Nice puffy head with some desperate lacing clinging on with their last ounce of strength. Strong orange and clove aroma, reminds me of those chocolate oranges they have at christmas time. Flavor is mainly an american wheat but a little sweet, nothing stands out in the flavor. The finish is zesty and creamy, you can barely feel yourself drinking this beer. I like this one.