BeSte Bräu Zwickel
     click to upload

Formerly brewed at BeSte Bräu
Style: Zwickel/Keller/Landbier
Cochem, Germany

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Koelschtrinker (9999) - Köln (Cologne), GERMANY - JUL 8, 2012
Frischer, intensiv hopfiger Beginn mit grasigen undharzigen Noten. Dabei lässt der Hopfen nicht nach, das Bier bleibt somit intensiv, rund und ist gleichzeitig süffig. Überraschend gutes und intensives Zwickel! 12/12/12/11//12

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BlackHaddock (3479) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - JUN 8, 2012
This is the lightest in colour of the three beers I had on-tap at the new brew-pub: all come in the same tall, thin 0.3 litre glasses. Moody looking, misty brew with a small head that swiftly left the scene as I began to drink. The fresh yeast in the aroma and taste dominate everything else with all other flavours playing ’second fiddle’ and struggling to be heard. I must admit to having trouble really liking this style of German beer: I’ve tried a few now and this one failed to excite me, just like all the rest I’ve attacked hoping to find one that changes my thoughts.