overall

RATINGS: 80   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Our unique blend of roasted barley, chocolate, and black patent malts produces a nice medium bodied stout. Accented with notes of Fuggle and East Kent Golding hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Their "flagship beer" so I’m told. Bubbly and creamy, but soft! Very nice. Still not tasting much "oatmeal" flavor, what’s with that? I’m not sure I’m comprehending this style after a couple tries on it. Liking the tie in with the Steelworkers of Bethlehem.... if only some were still around to live up to the tale. Sigh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 30, 2004
Just a really nice stout here. Very smooth, just goes down so easy. The oatmeal kick is there in the finish I think, even if it is a little faint. Always on tap at the Brew Works, a delicious stout that you are never sorry you ordered.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - JUL 4, 2004
Tap at the brewpub. Deep brown, tan nice head. Nitro. Roasty aroma. Smooth roasty chalky flavor. Nice slight tartness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - APR 7, 2004
got this at the brewworks for my friend's 21st birthday during the great northeast blackout. Very good stout overall, but not very "oatmeal". Doesn't really detract from it though. I still recommend this beer, and the Bethlehem BW as a whole

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DocLock (9999) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2004
I made my first trip to BBW in early March, 2004. I was very impressed with the food and beers. I had this one as part of their sampler. It is very dark, with a thick light brown head. Very malty, with subdued hops. Overtones of chocolate, roastiness, and raisins. BBW is worth the trip.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JFGrind (2000) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 23, 2004
Stopped at Bethlehem Brew Works for a business lunch, only got to sample the stout. Started off well with my pint having a dark body, and off white head. Aroma was roasted malts, just what you would expect from a stout. As I drank the stout I noticed a harsh salty / bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 16, 2003
Black, with dense tan head. Full-bodied. Roasty and sweet with a slight bitterness. Lots of coffee and chocolate.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
dberger624 (1028) - Voorhees, New Jersey, USA - NOV 16, 2003
Draft at the brewpub. This wasn't that great. Was a little watery in body and the flavor was a little to much burnt malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
obxdude10 (2270) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 4, 2003
Loved this stout, black in color with a nice full & rich brown head, excellent roasted flavors, nicely balanced with a medium body, almost like a Murphy's or even a Guinness in its body, this was so drinkable, hints of chocolate, a bit of a dry finish, overall a great stout

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
r464 (2268) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 3, 2003
Got a 1/2 gallon growler for me and some others. I was the only one that ended up drinking it. Good stout. A bit roasty and has a punch at the end. Not one of the creamier oatmeal stouts that I have tried.