overall

RATINGS: 203   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Brewed in upstate New York, Big Flats 1901 Premium American Lager pays homage to the flat boats that traveled the areaís rivers delivering goods to early settlers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
arventresca (564) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - FEB 14, 2013
Reading some comments are funny, what the hell do you expect from a $3.00 six pack. Haha.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Oscbert (1041) - Sacramento, California, USA - JAN 31, 2013
~Sweet sugary corn aroma with mild maltiness. ~Pours clear golden with quickly disappearing white head. ~Sweet corn like flavor with bready malts. Little to no hop flavor. ~medium light bodied with medium high CO2, sweet quick bready finish. ~For the style its really not a bad brew. This is one of the better Pale Lagers that I have had.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
andyt131 (2) - - JAN 4, 2013 does not count
This beer finishes with a really strange grape flavor that is overwhelming especially for a bargain beer that is meant to be drank in large quantities. Still better than bud light though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pvsinger (1) - Texas, USA - DEC 28, 2012 does not count
Have been drinking this off and on since introduced by my employer, Walgreens, as a house brand. Bargain basement price. Early purchases had metallic taste until you started on can #2 - recent purchases much more pleasant. Now quite comparable to Budweiser in taste and alcohol - more flavor than "light" beers. Iím no beer snob - I prefer American adjunct beers, so this brew will satisfy if you want a light, flavorful session beer (as long as itís reasonably fresh).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
Bartzilla (534) - La Mesa, California, USA - DEC 5, 2012
Not a very great beer, but at the price, I expected no less. Still seems better than most bargain-basement beers. Would take a lot of these to get me crooked, but that wasnít my intention.

Josecuba (1) - Florida, USA - DEC 1, 2012 does not count
Very good beer , even better when you drink it with your wife, soft to the palate, nice taste, best price around

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BeerFlavoredBeer (254) - New Hampshire, USA - NOV 16, 2012
UPDATED: APR 10, 2013 Okay, I had to review this one. We grabbed a six at a drug store because it was very nearly cheaper than the generic mouthwash, as far as alcohol goes. This beer is exactly what you should expect from one of the cheapest US lagers around. No matter how cold we got it (down to slush, even), the taste was really terrible. Ok, to give at least a little content: it tastes like corn and rice mashed through a copper sieve and then cut with carbonated water. And not Perrier. Looks about the same. Smells like it ships pre-skunked, just in case you might be tempted to leave an open can in your car for the weekend. You know it canít get any worse, so thereís that. To the people who proclaim that itís better than Bud/Miller/Coors - I think your palate is broken. This is truly awful stuff, as far as beer goes. Update: Lots of single-rating users posting that this beer isnít awful. Thatís... suspicious. Tried it again. Exactly the same, but with more of a cornflakes flavor, up front. Now I have four more cans - anyone want them for target practice?

0.7
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Janitor (8) - USA - NOV 9, 2012 does not count
The aroma is a fruity yeast smell. I just made a loaf of bread in my bread machine today and for sugar I happened to grab a jar of blackberry jam. So this is a fruity dough smelling beer. No lacing on a wine glass I just rinsed out. The color of urine. Modest carbonation clinging to the glass. No lasting flavors at all beyond a few seconds. Even in wine glass there is a lingering aluminum smell. Normally I buy glass anyway. I am a new customer of this beer. It matched the money I had in my wallet at Walgreens. I mistakenly thought the brand was íTire Flatsí It would be a good to rename the beer to that. Summary- this is awful beer and you get your moneyís worth. Its kind of like they had a good beer but then added water to bring the price down. Its a watery beer.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
sjohnny (375) - - OCT 10, 2012
UPDATED: OCT 19, 2012 A friendís dad bought a six pack of this stuff at Walgreens for less than $2.00 if I remember right. You definitely get what you pay for. This is a step down from Natty Light and Milwaukees Beast. Pale, flat, skunky, bitter, acidic.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
radio_nowhere (833) - Maryland, USA - OCT 6, 2012
UPDATED: OCT 30, 2012 Got this on vacation since the rumors of this super cheap Walgreens lager are funny to me. Poured into pint glass, typical clear yellow color with fast disappearing white head. Aroma of adjunct sweetness and cereal. Taste is sweet light grain and cream corn. I get the strange aftertaste too, lingering odd sweetness. Well I can say Iíve had this, but I still have 5 more cans. Nuts!