overall

RATINGS: 203   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Brewed in upstate New York, Big Flats 1901 Premium American Lager pays homage to the flat boats that traveled the areaís rivers delivering goods to early settlers.

Josecuba (1) - Florida, USA - DEC 1, 2012 does not count
Very good beer , even better when you drink it with your wife, soft to the palate, nice taste, best price around

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
ImcallinBF (1) - - MAY 10, 2011 does not count
Easily one of the most exquisite brews I have ever had the please of letting roll down my pallet. As soon as I herd the crisp of the can "Pop" open i knew something had begun, that may never end. No, thanks you Big Flats! Its in the water!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
nonblonds (1) - copperas cove, Texas, USA - MAR 30, 2012 does not count
Frothey is how I would describe this beer. I picked up a 6 pack at wallgreens not expecting much for the price but when I saw that they had been brewing for over a hundred years I thought that they must be doing something wright.Now this is all I drink and I tell everybody I know about it.It dose not have that chemical taste I call it that it seems most american beers have.I wish this country had a law like Germanys 1516 law that says only natural ingredients we be used in our beer.I have lived in a few countries and have been around a bit and I say this is a great beer and for being half the price as every other beer it is by far the best deal in town.

JohnnyZ (90) - Illinois, USA - APR 1, 2012
My ratings are based on the style. After reading most of the ratings, I believe there are a lot of stupid reviewers. If this is the worst beer you you have ever had you need to quit drinking cause you dont know anything. Cant beat the price. Tastes like G. Heilemans Old Style. Im a fan. perfect for slamming beer bongs and for the game. Great for cooking. Put your brats in a bath of Big Flats before the grill.

mookie (45) - Tacoland, Texas, USA - MAY 13, 2011
Well every beer drinker knows what is a lager beer. The can tells no lie here. Poured into a tasting glass, the aroma is simply beer. Nothing off in the nose. The appearance is just what the can said, lager beer. Lighter in color than a lot of lagers out there but they surely use low lovibond malt. Upon tasting this beer I get what is promised on the label and then some. Big Flats is light on the malt and super clean and finishes super clean. After the first one a gentle bitterness begins to build on the pallet. Well made and well balanced for the style. If the beer becomes warm you will find it remains clean. So itís not what you expected or less than you expected, itís exactly what was promised on the can. For $2.99 a six pack itís a winner. I disagree with the poor scores that so many people gave this beer. If you were looking for more flavor to pass judgement on you need to be judging stronger flavored styles. Keep in mind that an off flavor in a lager or pilsener will spoil the fun. This is CLEAN and I give it a 4 because it fits the stye better than most.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ckelly27golf (1) - New York, USA - JUL 18, 2011 does not count
I was happily suprised by this beer. It is much better than many lagers that I have enjoyed. Many Americans spend their money on Bud, Miller, Heineken, Bud 55, MGD 64, Mich ultra, but pay much more.....

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bpreo (1625) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - OCT 24, 2011
Are you kidding me? This Lager is many times better than Bud, MGD, Coors, or any other. It was $2.50 for a 6-pack. This is a perfect bargain beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
dnorton (1) - louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 8, 2011 does not count
Its beer! After 6 who gives a shit. Its cheap, it doesnít taste to bad and it does the same thing the expensive beer does, gets you drunk.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
ted77 (1) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 12, 2013 does not count
I can hardly believe all the insults. I bought my first 6-pack of Big Flats probably a year ago or more. I am VERY impressed with the nice balanced flavor of this beer. Nothing remarkable about this beer except for one major thing - there is absolutely nothing to complain about. It is not too bitter, not watery, not hard to drink, not "skunky" smelling like someone had complained about. I like it as much or better than any regular priced beer I have had in my whole life, and I am 59 years old. I have tried a few.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
labattslover74 (48) - Florida, USA - JUL 26, 2013
This beer is cheap, but has a sweet fruity taste that is a nice change from the normal beers like Busch, Miller, Bud ect. I have been on a can kick lately because my neighbor takes them to the recycle center for a few extra bucks and these pour nicely into my frosted mugs. Iím sure other people give this a lower rating but it is one of my faves.