overall

RATINGS: 203   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Brewed in upstate New York, Big Flats 1901 Premium American Lager pays homage to the flat boats that traveled the areaís rivers delivering goods to early settlers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hushboy (1) - USA - SEP 19, 2012 does not count
When i got this beer i was not expecting much. But i liked it so far it taste good not great but good. This beer smells difrent but its good and will take you where you need to go so bottoms up. I say try it at 2.99 a sixpack, whats the worst that can happen. Im not an expert but this beer did make it easy for me to sing up on this website and let you know its a good beer. Love the price

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Mitch38 (1) - - MAR 1, 2013 does not count
Not bad, $2.99 a sixer canít go wrong. Alot easer to drink than some of those trendy $8 and $9 six pack beers. This is a good beer to take fishing, camping or if doing shooters as a chaser! Over all in a child mug or glass itís good to go! Better than BUD!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
thestumps (1) - topeka, USA - MAY 27, 2013 does not count
I bought this beer today at Walgreens, got it for 3.33 six pack total with tax. At first, thought this was kind of a funny tasting beer, but Iím into my third one down, its going down good too. I was in upstate NY in early 1990ís and familiar with Genesee beers, it was the local cheapest beer on draft, not the best tasting of beers but it did the trick. I do like the foam part of it, and the taste for the price does the trick. I would drink it again. Not a bad beer, not the best but not that bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
kyle50216 (17) - Texas, USA - FEB 11, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2012 Not normally a fan of light lagers but this beer is smooth, palatable and crsip. goes down easy. Would be specially good for hot weather. As far as cheap beer goes this one is enjoyable

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
guppywantsbeer (2) - - AUG 9, 2012 does not count
Taste like a fosters to me... or maybe at 50 cents a beer... maybe Iíve had too many.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
joemarzen (1) - - AUG 23, 2012 does not count
In my opinion it tastes the same or better than other similar domestic beers. Why not save some money and buy this instead of High Life. That said, I can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. I canít tell the difference between High Life and Budweiser. So, take from that what you will. btw, I am a wedding bartender, at an expansive place, you wouldnít believe how many dudes freak out because they had to drink Miller Lite rather than Bud light, or vice versa. Also people from the South act like your a nut for not putting ice in their beer. Sometimes they act like youíre purposely insulting them.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ChainGangGuy (4280) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JAN 5, 2011
I was accompanying LibrarianGirl on a late-night trek to Walgreenís in search of some beloved, though soon-to-be discontinued facial moisturizer. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a six-pack of beer I did not recognize. Big Flats! And for the price of $3.49! Appearance: Pours a clear, thinly-hued, light yellow body with an initially charged, white head that soon settles into a inner-glass encircling ring. Smell: Nose of displaced, ultra-light malts, faint spicy hops, and grains ruefully dipped in chemical solvents. Taste: Superficial maltiness, a hint of powdered sugar sweetness. Though the choicest hops were utilized, whatís present is incredibly light, giving only a touch of spiciness and even less bitterness. Nearing the swallow, thereís a little twitch of chemically harshness, like youíre drinking a really, really watered down malt liquor. This very, very faint virulence lasts into the thin finish. Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied, a bit watery, but, as the can says, "itís the water that makes it." Medium-plus carbonation. Drinkability: A light, lackluster lager, but, being so cheapo-beapo, I canít really hold that against it. Drink it quick, drink it cold, friends.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JRock72 (605) - - JAN 25, 2011
This beer is amazing for $2.99 as six pack. I loved every sip.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
cfly_is_high (37) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 1, 2011
Itís a beer with a full flavour for sure, kind of a smooth taste to it, but you can definitely tell itís a genesee beer

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
betweenparties (4) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - APR 5, 2011 does not count
Although yes this is the Walgreens beer, it is very surprising. I wanted to try so I can say I tried it. My initial thought was this is going to taste worse than Miller High Life. I LOVE the art on the can. I opened the can and poured into my pint glass at home and saw that it was very golden, very clear, and it had a very thick head. I didnít expect it to have as big a head it had. So everything aside, I took a sniff and it smelled like all the beers similar to it. Bud Light, Miller Lite, PBR, and Busch Light. I took a drink and was shocked. Very smooth with no bad aftertaste. I like to say it is between a PBR and Busch Light. Has the bitterness like a PBR but the smoothness and drinkability of a Busch Light. Overall, I would recommend this as a party beer. At $0.50 a can you cannot go wrong. I enjoy this beer, and it is the beer that I put in my fridge just so I have beer at home.