overall

RATINGS: 203   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Brewed in upstate New York, Big Flats 1901 Premium American Lager pays homage to the flat boats that traveled the areaís rivers delivering goods to early settlers.

Edmoe's rating

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Edmoe (239) - Orlando, Florida, USA - FEB 14, 2011
Very pale yellow pour with white head (that quickly dissipates). Aroma is mostly rice or corn. No malt at all. Flavor is very light...all corn cereal. Very little mouthfeel. Clean finish though. Inoffensive. Tastes as good or better than many light beers. Cheaper too. If you are going to drink cheap light beers this one is a better choice than some others (bud, coors etc.) Though my personal recommendation is to save this for mowing the lawn or high-school parties.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
geologyguy (682) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - APR 2, 2014
Not as bad as I thought...slightly sweet and malty, not bad at all especially for the price...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Nekronos (3633) - Xalapa, MEXICO - MAR 25, 2014
Not bad, a little malty and easy to drink. NOt crafty at all was but it can be enjoyed in a meeting too.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Headbanger (3300) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAR 24, 2014
12oz can 1/31/11 (DFW Layover)-Pours a clear golden with a big loose white head. Aroma of sweetness, corn, and malt. Taste of the same with more sweetness. This light bodied brew was not as bad as I was expecting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
JStax (2974) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - MAR 23, 2014
12 ounce can poured into a big snifter. Pours a clear gold with a white head of foam. Mediocre retention. Not much aroma, but what is there reminds me of corn flavored cotton candy. Sounds tasty, huh? The taste is more corn than sweet cotton candy. If I remember correctly, this is the cheapest beer available in the US. I could see that. I would take it over a lot of the other macros for sure, though. Light body and medium carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jsquire (3443) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - FEB 13, 2014
Straw yellow color with a quickly dissipating fizzy white head. Sweet corny nose with some hop notes. Thick syrupy mouthfeel with corn, white sugar and some grains. Odd beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Zymurgeist2 (989) - Redwood City, California, USA - FEB 7, 2014
Can from Wallgreens. Sweet cereal grain and wet paper dominate nose. Clear light gold with a slightly off white head. Taste is cereal grain and slight lemon. A little sweet but finished very quickly. Slight corn. Thinnish mouthfeel.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
frankliemydear (11) - Roseville, California, USA - JAN 26, 2014
Iíve often seen reviews which describe a beer as "skunky." I never knew what that meant until yesterday. We drove by a dead skunk, and as I smelled it, I thought, "that reminds me of Big Flats Beer." I believe itís really hard to ruin a beer. And my taste of Big Flats wasnít totally ruined. It was drinkable, but barely. It did slightly remind me of the skunk I drove by..not a whole bunch but a little bit. I donít think itís real good beer, although Big Flats Light isnít bad. For $2.50 a six pack, the Big Flats was barely worth it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
malkyore (177) - - JAN 17, 2014
I was informed by a friend that in the far off land of wallgreens there existed a 6 pack so cheap that you could get it for under 4 dollars. I did not believe him until I found it.... This is a beer that occupies the new cheapest spot in the list of beers Iíd probably buy again. Itís not repulsive, itís sweet and a little malty, you can almost taste a good beer in there somewhere... For what it is, itís great! If youíre strapped for cash and still want a 6 pack that wonít break the bank, but donít mind drinking something thatís not the most spectacular beverage youíve ever consumed, buy this. Itís pretty not that bad, I guess...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Ed5388 (2061) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - JAN 8, 2014
12oz can via six pack from Walgreens in Times Square NYC. Poured into a plastic hotel cup. Pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a finger of frothy white head. Aroma of grain, corn, and faint lemony citrus. Taste of sweet grain, corn, lager yeast, and lemon zest. Not good, but id drink this over M/B/C any day.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
queenholly (2919) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - JAN 7, 2014
Can. Sweet grainy malt aroma. Clear gold with a moderate white head. Sweet corn malt flavor. Light body, moderate carbonation.