overall

RATINGS: 191   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
The most complex of our beer line-up with a combination of five different malts and four different hop varieties. Buttface has the broadest popular appeal of our beers. It has a high malt character and lack of evident hops. This surprises people because it is easy to drink, but has a higher alcohol content than what is perceived.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ian2000gsxr (69) - USA - DEC 18, 2004
got this at the RAM. loved the dark coloring and the taste was good . very easy to drink

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
eyesolus (64) - Mill Creek, Washington, USA - MAR 16, 2009
Tap; smooth to slightly sweet finish; easy to drink but a forgettable beer. (#43)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - MAR 31, 2012
Nice beer I had at alefort in Boise Idaho aroma- caramel with toast appearance- Red or ’amber’ in color. taste- classic amber beer. Little salt on this beer. palate- smooth with a little co2. overall I have liked this beer for sometime. I have been grabbing growlers for years at the two locations here in town. Thanks for contributing to boise’s beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
VatMasterson (52) - Texas, USA - AUG 22, 2013
Good overall color and head. Average aroma. More a classic Amber than a Red Ale, more malt than hops. Still balanced and roasty. Good with a Steak and Mushrooms. One of the Brewery’s two best for me.

roland (38) - Bellevue, Washington, USA - MAY 17, 2000
I had this brew at Tir Na Nog in Seattle - it’s the best of the three brews that they do themselves (Tir Na Nog is one of Ram’s pubs) It has a wonderful almost fruity aroma and a strong taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kosmoken (37) - USA - APR 10, 2007
On tap at C.B. Potts, Broomfield CO. Poors a light amber, and has a mild sweet taste to it. Smooth finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
EValP (30) - Colorado, USA - NOV 13, 2006
On tap at C.B & Potts Highlands Ranch. First of all, it was served in a frosty mug, second, the beer was ice cold. I was told it was the best beer they had, @%#$!# it wasn’t. I did not have my rate sheets on me but I fail to imagine why I would have even bothered to rate this beer but I still feel the need to post. This was a clear copper color. Aroma was almost non existent but maybe it is because the beer was served near freezing. Taste was a bit watery but I might have been able to make out the toasty caramel that everyone else seemed to have gotten. Really there seemed to be nothing to this beer and I was bored with it.

It got even worse past the frosty mug incident. I asked for another and the waitress opinion. She told me I should order the Hefeweizen, pronounced “heffer wisen” or the special, an Oktoberfest so I did, again, not that good and this time it came in a frosted shaker? What’s going, I thought I was in a brewpub. I returned the beer and asked for the check. I don’t think I will go back to a C.B. & Potts, at least not for the beer. Doubt I will be looking to try another of the Big Horn Brewing Companies beers anytime soon.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chris83282 (4) - - JUN 10, 2013 does not count
By far I think this is the best beer from Big Horn. Everytime I get a chance to go to C. B. & Potts I get this beer. They have good burgers also.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
robdogg (4) - Alabama, USA - NOV 4, 2009 does not count
Not high on the flavor scale, but not bad either; I liked the finish though

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alexabil (1) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 28, 2014 does not count
I keep a keg in the garage and drink 2-3 beers each day. I like to drink with large swallows spaced about 5 minutes apart. Given these personal peculiarities, I enjoy this beer more than most