overall

RATINGS: 187   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
The most complex of our beer line-up with a combination of five different malts and four different hop varieties. Buttface has the broadest popular appeal of our beers. It has a high malt character and lack of evident hops. This surprises people because it is easy to drink, but has a higher alcohol content than what is perceived.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
DigitalMan (193) - Idaho, USA - JUN 20, 2009
Had this on tap at their restaurant. Pretty bland and uninteresting in all ways. Pass. Food was not very good, either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 8, 2011
draft... appropriate name for a horrible beer... ugly muddy amber, smells and tastes horrible

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jaymobrown (1666) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 15, 2006
A copper color beer. Nothing in here. Amber ale I guess. If you have an inkling to try these beers, don’t. These are so bland. You’d almost be better getting a macro than one of these. Disappointing and disheartening.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
EValP (30) - Colorado, USA - NOV 13, 2006
On tap at C.B & Potts Highlands Ranch. First of all, it was served in a frosty mug, second, the beer was ice cold. I was told it was the best beer they had, @%#$!# it wasn’t. I did not have my rate sheets on me but I fail to imagine why I would have even bothered to rate this beer but I still feel the need to post. This was a clear copper color. Aroma was almost non existent but maybe it is because the beer was served near freezing. Taste was a bit watery but I might have been able to make out the toasty caramel that everyone else seemed to have gotten. Really there seemed to be nothing to this beer and I was bored with it.

It got even worse past the frosty mug incident. I asked for another and the waitress opinion. She told me I should order the Hefeweizen, pronounced “heffer wisen” or the special, an Oktoberfest so I did, again, not that good and this time it came in a frosted shaker? What’s going, I thought I was in a brewpub. I returned the beer and asked for the check. I don’t think I will go back to a C.B. & Potts, at least not for the beer. Doubt I will be looking to try another of the Big Horn Brewing Companies beers anytime soon.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
crossovert (7410) - Illinois, USA - APR 6, 2013
Watery repaid amber ale. Light grainnress. Some off flavors like rubberish.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Schaumburg Illinois. Slightly darker than other samples. Copper. Faint grainy nose. Flavor? I suspect that after they hired all the hot (but braindead) waitresses, built the "industrial chic" warehouse-like immense structure to house this palace of bad food and worse drink, and put in an expensive sound system to play bad 80s hits, they had no money for "flavor." Hell when you're watching Chicago sports and cutting "deals" at lunch, who needs flavor? What there is, is sweeter than the blonde (ale) but no more authentic than our fake-titted brunette (waitress).

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Crosling (1863) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - AUG 28, 2005
Deep red color, quite pretty, with a small, flimsy head. One of the worst aromas, ever. Manure, diecetyl, skunk, sewage, the worst aroma you can possible imagine. Flavor is full of oxidation and diecetyl. The worst craft brew in history and it’s fresh. Wish I could actually understand the brewing flaws. There are plenty.