RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
This is the silver medal winner in the Brown Porter division of the 1996 Great American Beer Festival. The mash temperature is higher to produce body and mouth feel. The 2-row barley base, in addition to a combination of chocolate and carastan malts, gives this beer a smooth, round character with chocolate undertones. Many people who normally don’t drink dark beers will drink this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
TearsforBeers (183) - Ohio, USA - FEB 1, 2009
Notes from Indy Winterfest. Pours a nice black. Aroma is mediocre, not much to it, some malt. Flavor is similar to aroma. Mouthfeel is normal. Overall not that great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
charcot25 (181) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - JUN 10, 2007
Deep chestnut brown in appearance with a sweet, nutty aroma. Tastes of chocolate, walnuts, molasses. Subtle hop backbone. Nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CaptKirk (175) - Hephzibah, Georgia, USA - OCT 22, 2005
Deep reddish brown with a bittersweet chocolate aroma. Starts with a chocoate overtones and finish very smooth for a porter. I enjoyed this while waiting for my dessert in Dallas.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 4, 2003
A typical porter. Opaque black body with a coarse tan head. Flavor was predominantly roasted malt bitter chocolate with a slight acidic sour taste. Overall, the flavor was too weak to be considered an above-average example of the style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
CP (124) - USA - JAN 28, 2008
Got a growler of this from the RAM. I thought it was really good for a standard type porter. Really easy to drink, but not a lot of different flavors. That is ok though I drunk the whole jug. Simple, but good...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
davidoc (113) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2002
Maybe I don’t know what a great porter is, but this tasted good and made me happy. A little bitter, a little sweet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
napdynmite (87) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 17, 2013
Not sure why Ram gets no love. Found this porter to be quite good. My only issue is that it feels more like a stout. Either way nice chocolate notes. I could drink a lot of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
OutHouseDilemma (70) - Crowley, Texas, USA - JUN 2, 2005
Draft in Arlington, TX.... I thought they poured me a stout. Nice thick dark color and decent foamy head. Lil too much coffe and chocolate after taste for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
eyesolus (64) - Mill Creek, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2009
Tap at Northgate; nice roast and smoky in flavor; very tasty; poured dark brown to light black; a definite reorder. (#52)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
VatMasterson (57) - Texas, USA - AUG 22, 2013
The Ram Brewery at Schaumberg, an excellent porter. I remember I liked it better than all there at the Micro Brewery until I had the Russian Imperial Stout Seasonal. If you like porters its more drinkable than the Russian version, but they are similar, overall its the strength and boldness of the other that makes me forget some of this one. Still very good.